2 weird things just happened...

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
ok so I took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was blank. I hit the power key and the screen "turned on" but stayed black. I couldn't see anything and none of the buttons worked. I tried the power button a few times and all it did was toggle the backlkight on or off but still black with nothing on the screen,

SO I did a batt pull. This is the second time I've done pull and both times when I put the batt back in the phone didn't trun on. Both times I would have to insert the power cord and then immediately the droid would begin booting, but not before I inserted the power cord.

Anyone else see this? Is this an android thing?

R

Roy Aguilera

You might have a deffective unit. I would take it in to get it checked.

gt3dan

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Just a little quick tip. Taking the phone back to verizon, no one is going to "check it out". Frankly most of the people at the stores only know what little they are taught a few days before the phone is launched. Do yourself a favor and research the issue on a forum and the web and if everyone seems to point you towards getting your phone replaced, then do so. Just save yourself some time and headache by going into a Verizon store and having some rep that carries a LG Dare how to use your new Droid.

rainbowbrite812

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i haven't had any blank screens, but i did take the battery out to get to the SD card...once i put it back in it rebooted on it's own...i didn't have to plug it in

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Update: I went to the verizon store. It seemed too bizarre to not stop by and the one by me has been pretty good.

SOOOOOO GLAD I DID! I didn't think it was possible, but somehow the replacement unit I got is much better. The screen is super tight. There is like no gap between the keyboard and the back of the screen. When I click the bottom of the screen or above the back button the screen doesn't slightly click down like it used to on my other one.

Also the keyboard on this one is much more springy and I can really feel when I click the buttons (vs the last one which felt kind of mushy...I just thought that's how it was supposed to feel). I don't know why there was such a difference, but I'm glad I stopped by.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i agree its probably a bad unit. i am having the same issue. i am taking mine back to be exchanged. they wont really try to trouble shoot ur fone... they will just replace it.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Hahah true, the woman at my store said "you can replace the phone 15 times if you need to before the 30 days are up as part of the worry-free-guarantee"...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
ugh. i think i jinxed myself. just a little while ago, i pushed the sleep button on top to see what time it was, and nothing showed up. held it down, nothing.

after i pulled the battery and then held the power, it turned on.

so far so good. i'm really hoping it was a one time fluke, because hardware wise, i'm really happy with mine.

curse you gods who curse people!

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I thought I had an issue with the screen not staying on while holding the phone, but then I realized that my hand was over what must have been the face sensor, which was turning the screen off. Looks like two sensors, top left of the phone. Fingers moved = problem solved.

R

Roy Aguilera

Glad you got it replaced. Now someone else will get your phone as a refurb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tellu