2 Years worth of data on my SD card not being read on Thunderbolt. WTF?

Bassman125

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I went to use my phone last night to see a picture I took but it said the SD card was either blank or unsupported! I didn't drop the phone and have had a tough 2 part case and screen protector on the phone since I got it. I took out the battery and reinserted the card but to no avail. This is really bothering me. I don't have a card reader here at home to test if it works on other devices, but I am going to assume it is the Thunderbolt which isn't working right. This phone has given me problem after problem and I honestly think it should never have been released. Any ideas guys on what to do? I will be getting the iPhone 5 in the future and will never use HTC again.

-Thanks, Nick :)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
SD cards do go bad from time to time. I'd get a card reader and see if the data can be retrieved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This has nothing to do with HTC, it's the card. My original SD card went bad a few months ago. You don't need a card reader. Connect your TBolt to a PC via USB and see if you can still copy the contents of the SD card off the phone onto the PC. Then go buy a new SD card and copy everything back. Worked for me. If this fails you will need to put your SD card in a reader and try to repair/recover it first and then copy everything off it. Be happy you have a removable card in the first place as replacements are cheap compared to having to send a phone in for repair when non-removable storage goes bad. And if you haven't been backing your phone up regularly then you've made a mistake right there. ALL storage media fails eventually. Not a matter of IF but WHEN.

Bassman125

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea. I guess I'm the idiot for not backing up my phone often. My computer is always backed up but of course the thing that isn't fails first. Thanks guys.

The Froman

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I love my htc thunderbolt, except for the battery issue, mine is 2 1/2 years old and i have been running it with a broken screen for 2 years of it!! Still works great, but my question are their replacement sd card readers available? I have found a lot of replacement parts, sim card reader, camera, chasis, ect, but can't find a card reader, is it attatched to some other part? My sd card still good, but phone saysit is unavailable, so i figure it is my card reader.Thanks for the help!!