2011 new Sprint 4G Markets???

Chief71

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know when and where Sprint's future 4G networks might be coming? I've really tried to find any news out there and haven't had much luck.

I am hopeful that we might see it here in Northwest Arkansas sometime soon(don't laugh). We actually have a pretty large population here(around 420,000 or so)...I would think almost half a million people in this area might be enough for 4G to come this way.

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Sensorly is a great start. Sensorly Maps | Sensorly

I've run around Arkansas a bit and Sprint service doesn't seem very good down there to begin with, might be a while before you see it. Although Sensorly is reporting 4G coverage in Little Rock and Jonesboro. The state in general seems like AT&T and T-Mobile country.

Reactions: Chief71

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
They have something going in Oklahoma City, as I can now get a w weak but usable 4G signal near downtown when I always got nothing before.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

Chief71

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I've run around Arkansas a bit and Sprint service doesn't seem very good down there to begin with, might be a while before you see it. Although Sensorly is reporting 4G coverage in Little Rock and Jonesboro. The state in general seems like AT&T and T-Mobile country.

Thanks..you are right, when you get out of the populated areas in Arkansas, sprint coverage is pretty spotty. Arkansas had Alltel's headquarters so it really became Verizon territory when they bought alltel.

hawkman610

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah there's no love for the plains of Nebraska unfortunately. Hutchinson, Kansas can get 4G but Omaha/Lincoln can't...

Or Manhattan, Kansas. Which, with Ft. Riley and KSU, the population is much higher than Hutch. At least Topeka is getting it. I can use it once a month that way. lol

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

That map doesn't seem to be accurate...it doesn't show 3G in my area, when we've had it for years.

bennyandthesets#AC

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
FWIW I got a Sprint manager to put in writing that here in suburban Detroit we'll be getting it in Q1 this year. I know that and $3'll get me a cup of coffee but it was fun to watch her squirm and see how far I could get her to go to sell me an Evo.

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
That map doesn't seem to be accurate...it doesn't show 3G in my area, when we've had it for years.

The map is not totally acurate by any means, it is created through people running the app and reporting back to their servers. In most cases its a simple no one has ever reported it back to them. If you get a chance install the app and help update the map.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Woow that's a good question cuz I live in Ocala, FL n everytime I travel to Orlando n use that 4g is awesome n way faster n it gets me desperate while I'm waiting, I wish there was a way to knw the future cities

mattchew86

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to the OP for posting this. Something I've been wanting to know as well.

As for the map, it depresses me that I'm stuck, out of range, between 2 cities that currently have it. >(

palmdroid1

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when and where Sprint's future 4G networks might be coming? I've really tried to find any news out there and haven't had much luck.

I am hopeful that we might see it here in Northwest Arkansas sometime soon(don't laugh). We actually have a pretty large population here(around 420,000 or so)...I would think almost half a million people in this area might be enough for 4G to come this way.

For sure, Sprint 4G is on in Paragould and Jonesboro. Coverage is confined to the center of Paragould. My buddys evo gets 5-7 MBPS download speeds with 1 bar of service in Paragould. It's faster than our local cable's fastest 4 meg "business class" internet.
Sprints map doesn't show it though, only 3G.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't expect much 4G from Sprint this year. Sprint hasn't even released a roadmap and its already halfway through February.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I go up the highway 30 mins and I get 4g, down the high way 30mins I get 4g. Just looked at this map and sure enough. That little Area between rhodeisland and Boston that has no 4g,, that's where I am. Lol.

Evo-lution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63