2014 Moto X vs IPhone 6?

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 5 is rebooting constantly about a week after upgrading to Lollipop. The white theme is terrible. I'm getting fed up with the lack of customer service and fit and finish. I already ordered my Moto X but it might be dead on arrival. Who made the switch to IPhone 6 and likes it?

Posted via the Android Central App

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
You probably won't get many responses in favor of the iPhone 6 since you're on an Android forum. I'll tell you that the Moto X basically has the same software as the Nexus 5 so if you're not happy with the OS on the Nexus 5 you probably won't be happy with the OS on the Moto X.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Might be useful to put this thread up in the phone wars section as well to get some general lollipop vs iOS impressions.

Posted via Android Central App

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 5 is rebooting constantly about a week after upgrading to Lollipop (I'm not experiencing any reboots on my VZW Moto X).

The white theme is terrible (There are alternate launchers that can address this. I use Nova Prime. I can retain the Lollipop features I like and change others, such as a dark-themed drawer with no cards. A finger swipe "gesture" on any homescreen launches Google Now).

I'm getting fed up with the lack of customer service... (Customer service is subjective. I haven't had an issue with my 2014 or my son's 2013, so can't really comment. I know some rave about Moto's CS, while others find it subpar. That can be applied to Apple as well though, as I have witnessed with some users.) ...and fit and finish. (Fit and finish is great in my personal opinion. Most reviewers praise the build quality, and Motorola is pretty well known for it. The only issues that I have read are with a subset of wood and leather backs, but definitely not widespread problems)

I already ordered my Moto X but it might be dead on arrival. Who made the switch to IPhone 6 and likes it? (iOS 8 has had it's own problems, even on the new models. Google it for more info.)

Just my $0.02. :)

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
The 14' moto x is a great phone but like you i dont like the google take on 5.0. except for google The moto x pure edition includes unlocked SIM and bootloader where as since the contract free iphone 6 isnt available yet youll end up with carrier wear if you go that route.

habu968

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have both and have to say I really prefer the moto . One is work and one is personal. I am on 4.4 though and am not running 5.0

TaiwanTeddy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the 2014 Moto X and also played with my friends' iPhone 6. I admit, the iPhone 6 is a nice phone. But when it comes down to it, it's personal preference. Do you have more invested in the iOS ecosystem or Android ecosystem; given that most or all movies and music you bought on the Google Play store also works on iPhone and iPad. Do you prefer iOS or Android OS. I sold my Galaxy S5 to someone who bought an iPhone 6 Plus and couldn't get used to iOS since he has been on Android for so long and felt a bit restricted with iOS. I have to say though, iPhone 6 does have a killer camera, perhaps the best I've seen on a phone so far.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Personal experience for me is the X is my choice. Tried to love the 6 & 6+. Its just iOS. I just don't like it as much. Hate iTunes too. The design is beyond meh for software. And it is slippery to hold. The 6 has worse battery life than the X for me. I use a iPad Mini Retina but only occasionally. Not a fan of the new iPhone. Static icons and no leather or fold trim. ;-(

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenamac