[29/MAR/21] AUC8 BIG update for Global, Exynos, S21 series, camera & April security patch

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
[UPDATE 03/APR/21]

Samsung are certainly putting their back into pushing out this 1.1GB AUC8 firmware with the April Android Security patch.

In under 6 days they have released over 100 updates for countries and carriers across the globe, from Afghanistan to Vietnam, for their Galaxy S21 Exynos global series.

Phone manufacturers are often criticised for the tardiness of their updates but Samsung are excelling themselves on this roll out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The AUC8 global, Exynos, mega update

This latest update is the 8th for the Global, Exynos, S21 series and is currently being rolled out by Samsung.

This huge 1+GB update is for camera, general bugfix and April security patch.

Initially, as always, this is rolling out to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B
This latest release replaces the G99*BXXS2AUBB February build.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you.

FFu7Tt0l.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU2AUC8

Download = 1140.64 MB

Build date = 19 March 2021

Release date = 29 March 2021

Camera version = 11.0.02.83

One UI version = 3.1

Android Security patch = April 2021

This is the 8th stable update in 60 days.

Last edited:

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Re: [28/MAR/21] AUC8 BIG update for Global S21 series, camera & April security patch

Hope the U.S. update comes out soon!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [28/MAR/21] AUC8 BIG update for Global S21 series, camera & April security patch

Installed last night. So far so good, although at 1.1GB it must have broken something lol.

Can't wait til the Americans get it so we can have another 8 threads about it :D

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Samsung update AUC8

pPOkHb2l.png

So far, I am loving this update.

If the S21 series had been launched on this firmware, then this S21 forum would be a lot lighter on posts.

This release seems to be all about tweaking the phone. Everything is running smoothly for me with no lags, stutters or overheating.

Very early indications on battery life are as good, if not better, than the last, AUBB, offering.

The new baseband/modem has improved my signal by -5 dBm to -8 dBm. Something that is good news for me, living in the sticks and on 4G/LTE still.

Also, all credit to Samsung for getting the April Android Security patch out ahead of time.

The S21 series was launched almost 2 months earlier than previous flagship Galaxy S models and my feeling is that if they had waited and used that time on getting the release firmware to this level instead of giving 8 updates, they would have offered a much better phone, straight out of the box and attracted less criticism initially.

farhanmohd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site

Samsung update AUC8

https://i.imgur.com/pPOkHb2l.png

So far, I am loving this update.

If the S21 series had been launched on this firmware, then this S21 forum would be a lot lighter on posts.

This release seems to be all about tweaking the phone. Everything is running smoothly for me with no lags, stutters or overheating.

Very early indications on battery life are as good, if not better, than the last, AUBB, offering.

The new baseband/modem has improved my signal by -5 dBm to -8 dBm. Something that is good news for me, living in the sticks and on 4G/LTE still.

Also, all credit to Samsung for getting the April Android Security patch out ahead of time.

The S21 series was launched almost 2 months earlier than previous flagship Galaxy S models and my feeling is that if they had waited and used that time on getting the release firmware to this level instead of giving 8 updates, they would have offered a much better phone, straight out of the box and attracted less criticism initially.
I second your thoughts. The new update works like a charm. Also in camera portrait mode now I see 3 leaf options i.e. 3 different focal lengths can be used.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: [29/MAR/21] AUC8 BIG update for Global S21 series, camera & April security patch

Sounds like a good update and especially with no overheating issues. Exynos are known for their over heating chips.

farhanmohd

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: [29/MAR/21] AUC8 BIG update for Global S21 series, camera & April security patch

Sounds like a good update and especially with no overheating issues. Exynos are known for their over heating chips.
With the latest software update the heating issue is completely non existent on my Exynos S21U. Also the SOT has improved. I am getting 7+ hrs under heavy usage.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site

The battery life on my S21 Ultra has gone up considerably since this recent update. I am a light to medium user but mine was still at 30% charge remaining after having been off the charger for 3.5 days when I finally charged it yesterday.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

The battery life on my S21 Ultra has gone up considerably since this recent update. I am a light to medium user but mine was still at 30% charge remaining after having been off the charger for 3.5 days when I finally charged it yesterday.
Thats great like hearing that !

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Nice! You on Exynos or Snapdragon?

fesantos

Apr 2, 2021
Visit site

I'm glad to hear positive comments initially!! I just received the update this morning. I noticed the amount of RAM used when my phone is idle also went down!

I'm a bit cautious about overheating... My phone used to not overheat at all and now, when I used the camera a bit, it got hotter than usual! Will update you after a few days.

Also, did anyone notice low light picture quality? Mine seems to have gotten significantly worse (again, will spend some more time testing).

I'm on Exynos, 256Gb version.

Update: I just tested the zoom lenses. My impression is that it's zooming slightly less (I compared to pictures from before the update) and the quality of high level zoom got significantly worse (100x for example). Anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site

When does everyone think it will be coming out for the U.S. providers?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

When does everyone think it will be coming out for the U.S. providers?

It will not be this update as the Exynos, global, model has its own GPU, CPU, camera software, modem/baseband, etc:

Since most of this latest AUC8 update would appear to be centred around these features and at 1.1GB in size, it is almost a full firmware upgrade for the global, Exynos, model.

What may happen, is that the Snapdragon model will receive their own update but whether it will be as comprehensive or as large as the Exynos one, remains to be seen. It may not need it. Bear in mind that this is the 8th update for the Exynos model and the U.S. Snapdragon has had around 1 or, maybe, 2 I believe.

The build date for this AUC8 release was the 19th March and there is usually around a 2-3 week delay to allow for U.S. carriers certification. So, sometime in the next 7 days would be my guess.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure how to check. However, I thought all S21's sold in the US had the Snapdragon 888.

They do, but how would we know you're in the US? Especially given that you're posting in a thread about the non-US model.