$299 Price Listed on BB

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Looks like BB lists the Tbolt price as 3 Hundo. I have been obsessed with this phone, and I brushed off the $250 price tag. But now $300? A 50% price bump from the rate charged for any premium phone by all carriers? And I know it's a new gen snapdragon and more rom blah blah. The phone has end of 2010 technology. Period. Maybe VZ is trying to limit the number of new members on the 4G network to avoid potential overload problems, who knows. All I know is that I'm still using part of my quarterly dividend from VZ stock to pay for it. Thanks Ivan!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Looks like BB lists the Tbolt price as 3 Hundo. I have been obsessed with this phone, and I brushed off the $250 price tag. But now $300? A 50% price bump from the rate charged for any premium phone by all carriers? And I know it's a new gen snapdragon and more rom blah blah. The phone has end of 2010 technology. Period. Maybe VZ is trying to limit the number of new members on the 4G network to avoid potential overload problems, who knows. All I know is that I'm still using part of my quarterly dividend from VZ stock to pay for it. Thanks Ivan!

End of 2010 technology? What are you smoking? The Snapdragon it has is out on all of two handsets at this point. It has 32 GB of memory standard, again, one of only two handsets on the market to do so.

If you think its end of 2010 technology, buy something else. But don't come into this forum and post a baiting thread.

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
yep the price of $300 has been floating around for a good while-just not nearly as long as the varying release date changes/confirmations/changes!

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
End of 2010 technology? What are you smoking? The Snapdragon it has is out on all of two handsets at this point. It has 32 GB of memory standard, again, one of only two handsets on the market to do so.

If you think its end of 2010 technology, buy something else. But don't come into this forum and post a baiting thread.

Exactly - it has already been in other phones. Phones that don't cost 300 or 250. I'm not baiting, I'm buying it.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Exactly - it has already been in other phones. Phones that don't cost 300 or 250. I'm not baiting, I'm buying it.

Except it hasn't really. The only other phone that has this processor so far is the MyTouch 4G. Your argument was that its 'end of 2010' technology, which it isn't. There are quite a few phones coming down the pike with this processor, which would make the Bolt one of the first to use it.

$300 for a phone with 32 GB memory (plus 8 GB NAND), LTE, AND up-to-date processor and RAM is not asking too much.

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Except it hasn't really. The only other phone that has this processor so far is the MyTouch 4G. Your argument was that its 'end of 2010' technology, which it isn't. There are quite a few phones coming down the pike with this processor, which would make the Bolt one of the first to use it.

$300 for a phone with 32 GB memory (plus 8 GB NAND), LTE, AND up-to-date processor and RAM is not asking too much.

There's one problem with your mindframe - you're stating that it has some of the top notch specs on any phone out there and therefore justifies the price. Except so did each one of the iphones when it came out, so did the htc evo when it released, etc etc. They never used this argument to charge more than the continuous 200 for the flagship devices.

toastyz71

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
There's one problem with your mindframe - you're stating that it has some of the top notch specs on any phone out there and therefore justifies the price. Except so did each one of the iphones when it came out, so did the htc evo when it released, etc etc. They never used this argument to charge more than the continuous 200 for the flagship devices.

16gb iphone is 199. 32GB is 299. your argument is invalid

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Valid point - gotta give credit where credit is due.

You also need to think of it this way; if the Bolt was $199 for a version with a 16 GB card, it would cost you an additional $100 bucks for a class 4 32 GB microSD card.

The price is justifiable for what you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasrulawal026