32GB SD Card Mishaps

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a 32GB Sd card and it won't read. sometimes it seldomly works, and most of the time it doesn't. Anyone else have these problems, i have been wanting one of these for a while, and now that i have it, it doesn't work. Anyone have any fixes, i have tried to format it through the phone but nothing.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a bad card. Did you buy it in the store or online? Depending on where you bought it there are lots of card floating around that are bogus. They just put a fake label on a smaller card, and mess with it's onboard markers to make it read as larger. My brother bought one that was like that a while back on ebay.

TedLWJR

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I've read that but I bought if off Amazon through a reputable dealer (or so i thought) either way, I have the receipt and can send it back, just curious, sucks that it happened.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried formatting it through your PC? I formatted my SanDisk 32GB one that way originally, and after a few mishaps with flashing D30, ended up reformatting it that way yesterday.

The native PC program couldn't read it, but Acronis Director got the job done.

noxqzs

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Patriot 32GB Class 10 in my phone and a Lexar with same specs in the wife's. Except for the longer initial scan, nothing out of the ordinary moving up to the higher capacity. One thing is for sure, tranferring file on a faster SD is so much better than the stock one from Verizon. Waiting for a +1GB file to transfer is so much faster at 20MBps rather than 2-4.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a smaller micro SD from Verizon and it was defective. They replaced it with no problem. Am sure Amazon will do as well. They are good about making things right for their customers.