3G/4G Handoff

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have the signal completely drop for like 20 seconds when switching from 4G to 3G or vice versa? I switched my phone from CDMA/LTE TO CMDA and noticed it switched from 4G to 3G instantly but then it dropped signal completely for 20 seconds and finally reconnected to 3G.Same thing happened when I switched it back. Are handoffs really supposed to be that bad?

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
mine does the same, but mine was acting up today also. i switched to 4g to browse real quick then went back to 3g and it stayed on 4g for a min, then about an hour later i went to go back to 4g and every time i clicked cdma/lte it would immediately revert back to cdma only. after using airplane mode i was able to select lte finally but it never switched over had to do a reboot. i dont know if the quick switch mind boggled the phone but was kinda weird

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I get the same thing when switching networks. I dont get LTE in my basement, When i go up the steps it grabs 2 bars of LTE on the first floor. When i switch from LTE to 3g or vice versa there is a delay.

I chalked this up to LTE device growing pains or maybe its the network as i know other devices have this issue worse. The only problem i see with this is during that 30 sec you are dead in the water. If you were using the data connection at the time, its a huge hassle .

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
after switching and waiting a min in between no more problems that i had in my orginal post. i think since i was trying to browse a page and switched back and forth so fast im pretty sure i mind boggled the phone all well a simple reboot and the problem is fixed so far knock on wood lol. cant wait for a firmware update to fix all the lil nuisances to make this thing truly bad A$$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batni