3G or lack thereof

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I currently have no 3G Service on my phone and I'm about to tell Sprint to suck it. $100 a month for this? Anybody else having 3G issues tonight. I know its late so ill check tomorrow. I can get 4g with no problem (how backwards is that) but I've done battery pulls. Restarts. The stupid sprint widget says to update my profile and it might help. Well how and the hell do I do that if I have no 3g. Same with PRL update. Some sprint customer service reps day is about to start out very bad tomorrow morning. (I've had a crappy day 4give me). But is anybody else unable to connect to 3g? I'm in Ohio btw.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I should add that the main reason this pisses me off is on my old p.o.s. LG Optimus S I would lose 3g but still get calls and texts just no internet. Well on this I can use 4g for internet but I only get one 4g bar and that don't help for calls or texts. And I just moved, where I lived before I had a bad signal (like one bar 90% of time) but where I moved to I have full bars 97% of time. So how exactly do you have full signal (as I do while typing this) but no 3g?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't live in the sticks. I live in the city. A city that has all 3 major sport teams (terrible as they may be) and over 500,000 people. I dont live in a suburb like some people and claim the city. Did I not say I get full signal in my apartment. Anyway it works now. Sprint must have been doing maintenance and figured since it was the middle of the night no one would mind. So consider it a closed issue. Thanks

Last edited:

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I might have had the same issue last night at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, WI. My wife and I were there for the Badgers season opener and I had no 3G service at all. She also has an EVO 4G but had 3G service while sitting right next to me.

Worst part is, I missed 3 text messages from friends looking for me. I got one about an hour after the game and the other two just came through this morning.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Profile updates with a cell signal, not a 3G signal.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Then it should have allowed me to do it any one of the 7 or 8 times I tried it late last night. But it didn't. I even got a error code about no signal WITH full bars. I have 3g now. Phone is working.

crzdmngz

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
i have three evo 4g's and two of them have full or close to full bars in 3g signal, but the other one has either none or two bars at max. i think its the phone. :( i know wat you mean. it is annoying.