3g slow in the chicagoland area?

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi all. Anyone experiencing slow 3g speeds since the winter storm? Our evos have been crawling when we use anything data (internet, engadget app, etc.) since Wednesday.

the49ola

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
thought it was just me, yes, I'm getting very slow speeds, courtesy speedtest app. It is basically useless to use 3g service in some areas. Coming from NWI.

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I just ran a test with speed test. I'm getting 4000-ish and up Kbps with 4g and around 32 Kbps with 3g. Any suggestions? Did the update last night but this has been happening since Wednesday.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Try this > On webpage tap menu - more - settings - scroll down to enable plugins and tap on - on demand. This option will then use plugins when needed/required.

This will lessen the load time it takes to load webpages.

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Try this > On webpage tap menu - more - settings - scroll down to enable plugins and tap on - on demand. This option will then use plugins when needed/required.

This will lessen the load time it takes to load webpages.
Thank you for responding and trying to help. I do have that as my default. If I completely turn it off, will it help even more?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for responding and trying to help. I do have that as my default. If I completely turn it off, will it help even more?
It would be better to leave it on "On demand". Plugins allow you to For example, plug-ins are commonly used in web browsers to play video, scan for viruses, and display new file types. Well-known plug-ins examples include Adobe Flash Player and QuickTime. So you might wanna leave it to on demand. :)

Reactions: enzie5454

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My 3g was slow when browsing the web so I downloaded AdFree from the market (must be rooted) and updated the host file and since then my speeds seem back to normal.

Btw, I am in a southern suburb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor