3G speed/strength significantly weaker than store display model

rwong48

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It's been about 2 months now with my GNex and I'm tired of the weak 3G signal and slower speeds compared to my EVO Shift. I decided to stop by a store on my way home today to speedtest the EVO 4G LTE, to see what it was like. It got about 1400Kbps to 5 various servers. My GNex was hardly pulling 500 and it was very inconsistent.

One of the store employees told me the LG Viper was even better, and he was right. I averaged 1900Kbps to the same servers.

But I then realized that I should be comparing my GNex to the store's GNex. I didn't think it would make a difference, so I was checking out the other devices, but I went and tested it anyways. Same 5 servers and it pulled 1200-1600Kbps.

I'm pretty convinced that my Sprint GNex sucks, but it's been two months. Do you think they'll let me exchange?

PS: I unlocked the bootloader, installed the usual recovery and Superuser packages, flashed multiple ROMs... etc. I installed the FD02 update from someone on xda who made a flashable update.zip. Before actually doing anything, I'm going back to stock FD02 to verify that it's still broken there.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3G speed/strength significantly weaker than store display mod

I usually get about 1000mbps which is high for my area, compared to my OG EVO 4G and Epic 4G Touch, it's faster.