4.2.1 acer liquid E2 gps problems

maximdelaet

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
hi guys i have a big problem with the gps function on my new acer liquid E2 (1 week old and supported by android 4.2.1 jelly bean --> up to date)
the problem is that my gps keeps restarting itself without any permission from me or any app installed on my device
i am able to disable it but only for less then 1 minute
some things that you will probably know about it:
- i have this problem almost from the day i bought my Phone but nowdays it became so bad that my phone's battery is totally failing
[if it keeps going that way for a few days then i will already be forced to buy a new battery (and that after 1 week)]
- i took my battery out, i took my sim card out, i took my memory card out and ofcourse i disabled every setting about the gps in the settings menu
- the problem does also occur when i haven't even typed my pin yet after restarting the Phone (i can see it from the little gps tracker icon on the left top corner)
- it happens a lot when no apps are open and somethimes i can open apps that ask for my location and the gps function stays off (till i give permission to enable it ofcourse)
- i made myself developer (but i still not rooted the Phone yet) if that could have anything to do with it
i suppose that there are services/apps/software... to activate the gps function that can be stopped manually but i don't know them or find them on the web
i will also post this on the acer forums because i don't know if its caused by me, the Phone itself or the android 4.2.1 jelly bean
can somebody please help me out many thanks anyway

Last edited:

maximdelaet

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
okay i think i have solved the problem myself
i have shut down every app/process that i thought has something to do with gps
then i restarted my Phone and i got no problems yesterday and today so probably that was a good solution for my problem :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue