4.2.2 No Visual Icon Feedback

okmike87

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
My Tab 2 7.0 updated to 4.2.2 last night and something I've noticed today is there is no visual feedback when you touch an app icon. I can't honestly remember what it did before I updated, but I I know it gave me some sort of visual cue that I had touched the icon.

For some reason this is really bothering me, I feel like I don't know if I've actually touched the icon or not without waiting for a second to see if the app launches.

Anyone else experience this and know of a way to fix it?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same result. No fisual feedback when touching any icons. No little glow or animation or anything. It's so strange they'd remove that.

okmike87

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
There is just something about a visual cue that you have touched the icon that makes the interface feel more responsive. Without that, it suddenly feels sluggish. I dug around in the developer options looking for a way to fix this, but couldn't find anything. There are some things about 4.2.2 I like (being able to move apps to the SD card is a nice one) but this icon thing just really bugs me.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There is just something about a visual cue that you have touched the icon that makes the interface feel more responsive. Without that, it suddenly feels sluggish. I dug around in the developer options looking for a way to fix this, but couldn't find anything. There are some things about 4.2.2 I like (being able to move apps to the SD card is a nice one) but this icon thing just really bugs me.

I agree. It's not sluggish for me as much as "did my touch register?" This is the first time I've ever seen this. Maybe launchers rectify this?

Darin Gallagher

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I got Nova (paid for Nova Prime) and it solved this issue. Plus I really like the look of Nova combined with the Goolors icon set.

I use Nova Launcher as well. I like it. It is pretty close to the stock launcher, but more customizable.

Posted via Android Central App

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to 4.2.2 and still have the little dot wherever I touch the screen. It is there on icons or any other part of the screen!

Is this discussion about something else?

wetink

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I know in setup under developers there is a place for a check mark to leave a visual mark where you touch it, or add trails when you drag your finger.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

okmike87

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Not the dot, but like a little glow around an app icon when you touch it. With the 4.2.2 update, there is no indication that you've touched one.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zigzagchamber