4.2 lagging fixed

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info but I shouldn't have to do any of that. The battery life on my device was absolutely incredible before the 4.2 update. I'm gonna wait for Google to fix the issue and continue to use my device as I always have been. No way am I turning off sync or anything else to save battery life.
there may be an app keeping your tablet awake. i know back when 4.1 was available, i had an app that kept my CPU clocked at 700mhz and just KILLED the battery. same thing may have happened with the 4.2 update.
check into better battery stats and see if you have any partial wakelocks out of the ordinary.
also check
"CPU spy" from the play store to see if your tablet is deep sleeping. i am getting slightly BETTER battery life on 4.2 than i was on 4.1.2 AOKP. really doesn't mattery how many days i can use it, the screen on time on 4.1.2 was about 4 hours. it is now between 4.5 and 5 hours screen on time.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I take back what I said. It took just 2 days for it to go back to being crappy again.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it but when I started to update a bunch of apps everything just turned slow again and it took me about a dozen times trying to stay it before it would turn on..

I'm really getting annoyed almost want to return it to Google and see if they'll send me a 16GB as a replacement for my 8GB..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The lag obviously won't be permanently fixed because there has to be a cache for your information. It's like if you were using Google Chrome. It'll be notably faster in incognito, but you don't want to be in incognito forever.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Those experiencing lag, what launcher are you using? I reverted back to stock instead of nova, and I have no lag at all any more.