4 beeps. Getting annoying. Any ideas ?

qwertydvorak

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s3 on Sprint running 4.1.2. Since the update it has been doing 4 beeps at random. The volume sliders are all fully off other than media. This includes notifications, and it is almost like some kind of notification beep even though there are no notifications. This will happen whenever (charging, not charging, screen off, screen on, while browsing, while in pinball app - it mutes game audio while it beeps). It is 4 short beeps in a row. This phone has never done this until recently, and I am guessing it started with the 4.1.2 update. The only thing I find googling around for 4 beeps gets me people having trouble with a yahoo mail app which I don't have. If I had to guess it is some kind of beep to notify me that I am going in and out of signal range or roaming, but I know of no way to check. I live on a boundary area so I am constantly bouncing into and out of range. I wish there was a program like wakelocks detector for sound. Any ideas ? This thing is driving me crazy.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the beeping is occurring when you drop coverage? If so, go into Mobile Networks (Menu > System Settings > Mobile Networks) and look for the option to disable alert/notification when connected. Hopefully this helps...let us know if you have further questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steven9