4 reason don't buy Iphone Vzw

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing is, NONE of those criticisms were about the phone itself, they were more taking shots at Verizon...Which blows my mind since the iPhone is no longer "king of the hill" when it comes to smartphones.

Just look at the TB's specs compared to the iPhone. The TB has: 4G, simultaneous data/voice (will be awesome during tethering or when using navigation), more RAM, a bigger screen, better resolution cameras on the front and back, video calling on 3G, more memory, expandable storage and removable battery, DLNA, FM radio, bluetooth 3.0 ready, free turn-by-turn GPS with 3D Google Maps, cloud syncing, widget support, surround sound... and the biggest of all: Flash 10.1. The ONLY feature I can think of where the iPhone is better than the TB is the screen resolution, I can't think of anything else. Final score: TB:50, iPhone:1

The iPhone falls short of the new 4G phones in all these areas, yet the only thing Yahoo! News tech geeks can complain about is stuff about the network and not the phone?!?! Unbelievable. Love him or hate him, Steve Jobs is truly the master of product loyalty if he can keep his fans on a product that falls so short of its current competitors in the market

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Who will the cloud Syncing be through? Sorry low tech question? Google?

Android already syncs your data to their cloud. Contacts, calendar, etc. Just go to Menu -> Settings-> Accounts & Sync to see it, but it does it in the background all on its own without the need to enter this menu. It's a standard feature in every Android phone... one that Apple still has yet to implement.

With an iPhone, if you don't manually hardline in and sync with iTunes and back up your user data, it's gone when you reset. Not so with Android (Thanks, Google!)

Reactions: Shuckster

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Who's to say Verizon is going to get the iPhone 5 in July like AT&T is? I find it hard to believe they are going to release the new version in July to Verizon. If they do the customers that got iPhone 4 will be Pissed!

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Who's to say Verizon is going to get the iPhone 5 in July like AT&T is? I find it hard to believe they are going to release the new version in July to Verizon. If they do the customers that got iPhone 4 will be Pissed!

I believe they will release it, but I think it will be a few weeks-months after AT&T gets it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen