4G connection but no data

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I thought I'd ask around here before I went to the trouble of doing it on xda. Basically if I enable 4G in settings I'll get a good strong connection to it, but it won't actually download or upload anything. Connected with an IP and everything but totally useless. I am running the Sense 5 ROM but I don't /think/ that's the problem as it has worked on it in the past and I've flashed back to a stock ROM temporarily with no luck there either. The only thing that I've done that gets it to work is flashing CM in which 4g works just fine. Any ideas? Could it be some setting I can tweak somewhere in the dial code network settings area you can unlock with the msn number?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I'm running stock with the latest update. 4g shows that it's connected with full bars, but nothing works. And when it does work, it's really slow, like 3Mbps down as opposed to the 12Mbps I was getting not long ago.

This all seemed to happen all of a sudden. I tried all the resets expect the factory, which I'm trying to avoid. Should add that, 3g is working really well, and about as good as its ever been.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well if we have the exact same problem I can go ahead and tell you that a factory reset doesn't seem to do any good. It doesn't look like anyone here knows exactly what's going on, I might head over to xda and ask there later today. I'll keep you posted on here if I find anything.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
And when it does work, it's really slow, like 3Mbps down as opposed to the 12Mbps I was getting not long ago.

I know this is not your exact question, but please realize that the bars do not represent your 4G LTE signal strength, they represent your 1G voice signal strength. If you are experiencing slow or no connectivity with LTE, use the method below to see your actual signal strength for LTE.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2...to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I know this is not your exact question, but please realize that the bars do not represent your 4G LTE signal strength, they represent your 1G voice signal strength. If you are experiencing slow or no connectivity with LTE, use the method below to see your actual signal strength for LTE.

Bars Lie for LTE Signal Strength! How to determine your actual LTE signal strength - Network, Network Vision/LTE Deployment - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Well, that's good to know. How can we pass this information along to the CSRs on the phone and in store? I had an issue a while back with 3g service being slow and they told me the higher the bars, the better the connection. I was messing around with that link earlier, and I cannot get it my 4g to go lower than -105dB.

[Rant] What really gets me with Sprint's data speeds is that they're horrendous in KC. I always assumed this would be an area with really good data service. I was at the Royals game last night and was struggling to maintain 4g service. Really baffling how spotty it is around town. [/Rant]

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, mine is around the 86 to 96 range most of the time around town. I'm definitely connected to it pretty nicely, just no actual data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jart57!