4k video recording laggy and slightly blurry

Fres9056

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Ive bad the Nexus 6 since the day it came out but just now got into the 4k video recording and i shot a few videos in 4k and when playing them back, the videos are choppy, laggy and auto focuses many times (does not look as good as 4k should). It's not terrible but definitely noticeable. I have seen other videos shot with this phone on youtube and they look perfect and professional. Much more clear and colorful and flowing smoothly. What am I doing wrong? Any tips for me to get mine looking like 4k should such as certain apps or settings? I'm having a kid soon and want to use my phone for recording instead of a camcorder.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you checked on a computer to see if the videos are the same quality? If so, then consider clearing the cache of the camera app and trying again.

Fres9056

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Have not tested on computer because I don't have a 4k video card or monitor but I did stream it to my 4k tv and it had the same result. So to me the problem is not in the playback but the recording,

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It could be the play back. 4k needs a lot of bandwidth so the playback on a monitor or TV from the phone could cause that lag. I would just try to watch it on a computer to see if its laggy. No need for a 4k monitor on the computer of video card. Just see if it plays fine.