5G Signal

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My P5 is almost always indicating that I'm getting 5G. 5G about 80% of the time, with LTE about 20%. The other phone in the household, Pixel 4A 5G, shows 5G much less. I downloaded the LTE Discovery app and it shows I'm getting a 5G signal much less than the P5 icon shows. I believe the app. The SIM status information in settings mirrors whatever the current icon shows, as expected.

Both phones are on the same network, Verizon through an MVNO. The coverage map shows VZ nationwide (not mm wave) 5G is available here, but there are certainly dead spots around that are LTE at best. I'm a moderate distance away from a mid-major metro area and am in semi-rural areas a lot, where I find it hard to believe that 5G coverage is wall to wall, which my phone seems to indicate.

Has anyone else experienced this?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My P5 is almost always indicating that I'm getting 5G. 5G about 80% of the time, with LTE about 20%. The other phone in the household, Pixel 4A 5G, shows 5G much less. I downloaded the LTE Discovery app and it shows I'm getting a 5G signal much less than the P5 icon shows. I believe the app. The SIM status information in settings mirrors whatever the current icon shows, as expected.

Both phones are on the same network, Verizon through an MVNO. The coverage map shows VZ nationwide (not mm wave) 5G is available here, but there are certainly dead spots around that are LTE at best. I'm a moderate distance away from a mid-major metro area and am in semi-rural areas a lot, where I find it hard to believe that 5G coverage is wall to wall, which my phone seems to indicate.

Has anyone else experienced this?

That’s a good question! I mean as far as I can tell, with my pixel five, But by my job, I do receive the nationwide 5G connection but I first turned off the 5G radio is on my phone to conserve battery power. So basically instead of global mode I have toggled on CDMA/LTE. The problem with nationwide 5G from Verizon is a simple fact that nationwide 5G speed in coverage isn’t any faster than LTE 4G. You’re right millimeter wave length 5G is just wa different than nationwide 5 G..

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I would not worry.. My Fold2 shows 5G most of the time when I know I'm not near it... Unless you are seeing battery decrease use it as usual..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae