6 months

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Going on 6 months with my note 20 and it's going strong no issues at all. My first device I intend to keep for the long run it works so well. Now if the new Blackberry which is set to release before the spring is worth buying i will replace my iphone 12 mini with it. How is everyone else liking their note 20?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've got mixed feelings. I think it's a great device, arguably the best on the market, but I keep using my Note 8 daily.

FPS on the Note 20 Ultra is the worst I've ever used on any device. Even early FPS scanners like the one on the Note 4 work better. For me this is a very annoying inconvenience.

I also rely heavily on the headphone jack, it's how I listen to music at home and in my car. I switched to bluetooth headphones for convenience but car lacks bluetooth.

My Note 20 Ultra is mostly used as a camera and music player around the house. Lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I love mine. The only issue I am having is getting the phone to connect to my work wifi,but I know it's my job network and not the phone because at home I connect with no problem. My goal is to hold on to the phone for a little while since I had so many issues with the mail losing my note 10 trade in and att trying to charge me , but that may change. I definitely want to keep it long enough to pay it off and have it as an extra phone if I do decide to upgrade at any point. It's a stellar device.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I purchased my N20 Ultra from Hong Kong as I wanted the Snapdragon soc which isn't available in the UK and so far so good.

A good solid powerhouse of a phone which currently ticks my wants and needs boxes.

However I'm a “phone guy” as eloquently put by Flossy in one of his YouTube videos so I buy phone's anyway.

Not just when my current one fails or falls by the wayside with software or hardware.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm enjoying the Note20U with the exception of a finicky FPS, but I'm used to its idiosyncrasies by now.
I also have the same FPS issues on my Tab s6.

The camera takes impressive pictures and I'm looking forward to camping season & capturing some great shots.
I usually don't have a good signal or any wifi when I'm camping, so it's nice to have a SD card for all the pictures & my music.

I have reduced my clientele so I really don't need this fancy of a device anymore, but I'm keeping it. :D

I probably won't upgrade for a few years as there will be no need to, especially if this is the last Note. :(
If the Note20 line is the last Note, I'll probably keep this as a backup device when it's time to upgrade.

Feb 8, 2021
Visit site
Going on 6 months with my note 20 and it's going strong no issues at all. My first device I intend to keep for the long run it works so well. Now if the new Blackberry which is set to release before the spring is worth buying i will replace my iphone 12 mini with it. How is everyone else liking their note 20?
Same as you...Note20u here and waiting for the new BlackBerry as well. Guess I'm not the only one lol.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Generally I'm pretty pleased with the Note 20 ultra. Ok there's always the Exynos/Snapdragon argument but that aside it's been another good experience. I just hope they don't discontinue the Note line, it would be a shame.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that seems to be a waste of a good phone.:confused:

Sounds like the phone was gonna be benched anyways due to mic jack but wondering is a USB-C to mic jack would have worked??

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Ad...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6922889

Loved my Note 8 and if my GPS didn't fail on it I could have kept rocking it for a while. Funny though completely opposite... the FPS on the 8 was the worst sensor ever for me. The N20U... I never have that "wonder" if it's going to unlock.... The best. I like the 8 so much though if I held long enough til S20U came out honestly it would have been a tough choice between N20U and S20U.

But N20U my best phone to date.

I've got mixed feelings. I think it's a great device, arguably the best on the market, but I keep using my Note 8 daily.

FPS on the Note 20 Ultra is the worst I've ever used on any device. Even early FPS scanners like the one on the Note 4 work better. For me this is a very annoying inconvenience.

I also rely heavily on the headphone jack, it's how I listen to music at home and in my car. I switched to bluetooth headphones for convenience but car lacks bluetooth.

My Note 20 Ultra is mostly used as a camera and music player around the house. Lol

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I personally see no reason to get a new phone unless this one breaks, it does everthing I need it to do and does it very well. Android has come a long way over the years and this device is a winner.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Loving my Note 20 Ultra snapdragon version 512gb ...iam in India...
the snapdragon version is great...much faster than my Note 10 plus...and has amazing battery life...
l just purchased it few days ago..
my note 10 256 was full and was giving bad battery life....

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
One issue I had with my Note 10 plus exynos version was network issue..funny part was wife has S10 plus...we both sitting at same place ...my phone has zero network and she had network on her phone...
Snapdragon Note 20 ultra has very good reception here in Bombay India....

evan_2k

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the regular Note 20, this will be the first Samsung I don't plan on upgrading from after a year. Perfect size, flat screen, great battery life, features I enjoy and continue to use.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that seems to be a waste of a good phone.:confused:

Sounds like the phone was gonna be benched anyways due to mic jack but wondering is a USB-C to mic jack would have worked??

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Ad...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6924422

Loved my Note 8 and if my GPS didn't fail on it I could have kept rocking it for a while. Funny though completely opposite... the FPS on the 8 was the worst sensor ever for me. The N20U... I never have that "wonder" if it's going to unlock.... The best. I like the 8 so much though if I held long enough til S20U came out honestly it would have been a tough choice between N20U and S20U.

But N20U my best phone to date.

What it amounts to is I bought the phone on a black friday deal mostly out of curiosity to test the camera while out of work for a Covid quarantine so I activated on my spare line with intention of buying accessories and switching it to my primary line a few weeks later. USB C audio adapters aren't a big deal, I could buy them. Unfortunately the FPS is a real inconvenience for me, I find the in screen FPS to be such trash I don't want to give up the Note 8. I've grown far to accustomed to using my FPS instead of a password for everything and when I use the N20U it's a source of frustration.

So my N20U sits at home untouched most of the day. I do use it daily, but its only left my home a few times in 3 months.

J Chamberlain

Sep 15, 2020
Visit site
..my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 512GB is without doubt the best phone I have ever owned or used, even eclipsing my much loved Note 9 in every aspect except the in screen FPS and lack of Iris Scanner.. Both of which work faultlessly on the Note 9.
Otherwise, the Note 20 Ultra is superb, especially "Noteable" are of course the Cameras, the 12GB of Ram for lightning fast operations, and if course the fabulous 120HZ Amoled screen, which with 1500 nits brightness is superb even in outdoor light..a great monitor when flying my DJI Mavic Air drone..!
I hope Samsung keep the line going..I want a Note 21 or 22 Ultra with Exynos SOC featuring an AMD GPU in future..😉

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
What it amounts to is I bought the phone on a black friday deal mostly out of curiosity to test the camera while out of work for a Covid quarantine so I activated on my spare line with intention of buying accessories and switching it to my primary line a few weeks later. USB C audio adapters aren't a big deal, I could buy them. Unfortunately the FPS is a real inconvenience for me, I find the in screen FPS to be such trash I don't want to give up the Note 8. I've grown far to accustomed to using my FPS instead of a password for everything and when I use the N20U it's a source of frustration.

So my N20U sits at home untouched most of the day. I do use it daily, but its only left my home a few times in 3 months.

My FPS is lighting fast in my Note 20 U....I had issues with Note 10 plus FPS.....
It's important to register same finger twice for it to work fast and accurate....I did this on my Note 20 U....

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
..my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 512GB is without doubt the best phone I have ever owned or used, even eclipsing my much loved Note 9 in every aspect except the in screen FPS and lack of Iris Scanner.. Both of which work faultlessly on the Note 9.
Otherwise, the Note 20 Ultra is superb, especially "Noteable" are of course the Cameras, the 12GB of Ram for lightning fast operations, and if course the fabulous 120HZ Amoled screen, which with 1500 nits brightness is superb even in outdoor light..a great monitor when flying my DJI Mavic Air drone..!
I hope Samsung keep the line going..I want a Note 21 or 22 Ultra with Exynos SOC featuring an AMD GPU in future..😉

Great to see u are happy with Note 20 ultra...but I would suggest samsung give snapdragon version in all countries as snapdragon is superior to exynos...
And for your FPS issue ...register your same finger twice....mine fps is lighting fast and accurate

BoneDigger

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am generally happy with my Note 20 Ultra, except with facial recognition. I have reset it numerous times, including adding a second set of pictures and it still never works. It has to this date worked exactly zero times. I always have to use my fingerprint (which in itself isn't the best) or my lock code.

My only other gripe is that when I go out of cell service (like inside of a metal shed on my property) it takes up to 10 or 15 minutes when I get back out for the phone to get back to where it recognizes cell towers again.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Love it.

Bought and sold many flagships since August. All of them are a step backwards compared to the note. There can be only one daily.......

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am generally happy with my Note 20 Ultra, except with facial recognition. I have reset it numerous times, including adding a second set of pictures and it still never works. It has to this date worked exactly zero times. I always have to use my fingerprint (which in itself isn't the best) or my lock code.

My only other gripe is that when I go out of cell service (like inside of a metal shed on my property) it takes up to 10 or 15 minutes when I get back out for the phone to get back to where it recognizes cell towers again.

Bro u have snapdragon or exynos?