7.0 update

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So far I'm loving Nougat on my GS7. The update brought 2 very welcoming changes that I became giddy like a school girl when I noticed them. 1 is an added feature, & 1 was a fix to a pet peeve.

1st, there is now a "mark as read" button within the SMS notification. No more reading the message in the notification, but still having to open the app to clear it. Very useful.

2nd, when you install a new app, the app falls in line alphabetically instead at the end of the list. Such a huge aggravation before now. You do however have to change that in the settings, but at least it's there.

How are you guys liking it so far? Kinda feels like a new phone to me.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm loving Nougat on my GS7. The update brought 2 very welcoming changes that I became giddy like a school girl when I noticed them. 1 is an added feature, & 1 was a fix to a pet peeve.

1st, there is now a "mark as read" button within the SMS notification. No more reading the message in the notification, but still having to open the app to clear it. Very useful.

2nd, when you install a new app, the app falls in line alphabetically instead at the end of the list. Such a huge aggravation before now. You do however have to change that in the settings, but at least it's there.

How are you guys liking it so far? Kinda feels like a new phone to me.
Also, I would like to add, you can long press on certain icons for additional options.

accursedvenom

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Didn't realize there was an option to make them alphabetical. Seems like it should default to that. Already greatly amazed with the S7 with MM, now even more with nougat. Except autocorrect. It seems to change words that don't need changing and highlights words that it thinks are unnecessary or out of place. Such as "them" and "even" in what I'm typing now.

Attachments

• 9745.jpg
    9745.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 59

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Didn't realize there was an option to make them alphabetical. Seems like it should default to that. Already greatly amazed with the S7 with MM, now even more with nougat. Except autocorrect. It seems to change words that don't need changing and highlights words that it thinks are unnecessary or out of place. Such as "them" and "even" in what I'm typing now.

That's why I use Google keyboard. It seems to work better than stock keyboard, IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanglap