9 months of having Note 8

Inka2303

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
So before 9 months I bought note 8. I ve been taking care of it, been only 2 times in water. Always charge it properly and noy over use and stuff. Well today i charged it. Worked a bit with the phone and left it on the table few hours later i picked it up and at the moment i unlocked i saw my colors die and the screen went a bit greeny..... It heated so much and i turned it off. What to do? I still have warantty

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So before 9 months I bought note 8. I ve been taking care of it, been only 2 times in water. Always charge it properly and noy over use and stuff. Well today i charged it. Worked a bit with the phone and left it on the table few hours later i picked it up and at the moment i unlocked i saw my colors die and the screen went a bit greeny..... It heated so much and i turned it off. What to do? I still have warantty

Been 2 times in water ??

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Did you buy through Samsung or a carrier. That'll determine how to do the warranty exchange

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You should read the testing procedures to fully understand this.
A “dunk” is not part of the testing procedure.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Y’all do whatever you want but myself I would only consider the phone (and only when basically new) splash and maybe light drizzle rain resistance.
Consider that Samsung will NOT warranty a phone with water damage.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Y’all do whatever you want but myself I would only consider the phone (and only when basically new) splash and maybe light drizzle rain resistance.
Consider that Samsung will NOT warranty a phone with water damage.
Exactly this. I don't care what the IP rating is. If they don't warranty water damage, it shouldn't be in water unless you can't help it.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Dropped mine in the lake this summer while wading with the dogs and shooting a video of them. It was probably 18" of water. Took a minute or so for the water to settle enough to find it. It was still recording when I picked it up. Never caused an issue with it at the time and it's still working fine.

But anyway, back to the OP, I agree with the others about the warranty. Sounds like it's time to use it, since you still have it. Sorry to hear about the issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin