A couple of problems I've noticed

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Don't get the wrong idea about this thread, I love the phone, but it does have a few quirks that irritate me sometimes.

1) My house gets crappy vzw signal, I know this, but my phone will lose data connection when I come into my house. This is not a problem b/c I use WiFi when I'm there, but when I leave, occasionally data service does not restore itself. I have to power cycle the phone to get it to come back.

2) About once every other day, my phone will start ringing from the earpiece instead of the external speaker, causing me to miss call from not be able to hear it. Power cycle again fixes the problem.

3) Occasionally calls are going straight to voicemail, even when I'm in a great coverage area at the time of the call.

4) Scrolling sometimes jumps to the bottom of the page/menu when I'm browsing for whatever reason.

5) My phone will just call someone randomly when I'm playing with it. (Not in phone app). Usually it calls the last person I talked to. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times since I got it on the 7th.

6) Twice the home screen bugged up and threw up a Force Close message, the only way I can recover from is to do a battery pull as my screen is black and the power button is unresponsive, and I can not receive calls during this.

7) Visual Voicemails are sometimes coming in hours after they have been made.

I expressed my concerns to VZW and they told me of an update scheduled to come out on the Droid in the near future (Talking about the 12/11 update I assume). I did ask if the update came after my 30 days was up, and it did not correct the problems if I would be able to switch the phone with something else, the guy said he would put a note on my account and I should be able to switch to something else if I payed the restocking fee. I do not want to have to switch back to something else as I do love this phone, but because I use it as a work phone, the ringtone problem, and straight to voicemail (miss calls) problem do need to be corrected.

I know I'm not the only person with some of these problems as I have read on either here/CB/and the Motorola forums of other people with some of the problems I have. Just curious if anyone else is seeing all or some of these issues.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I've only had the #4 problem a couple of times. That, and I've had to reset my phone a few times due to email not syncing properly.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have also had to power off/on to get emails (Hotmail & a pop work email). Sometimes they just do not go thru????

I do however realize this is a brand new operating system and there are bugs to be worked out......still happy as I can be with this phone.

skitbraviking

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
3) Occasionally calls are going straight to voicemail, even when I'm in a great coverage area at the time of the call.

5) My phone will just call someone randomly when I'm playing with it. (Not in phone app). Usually it calls the last person I talked to. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times since I got it on the 7th.

7) Visual Voicemails are sometimes coming in hours after they have been made.

Thanks for the post. I called about problem 7 and they told me to dial *228 and hit option 2 to update roaming. I did this yesterday and haven't had a problem yet. I don't know if it is cured yet but it may be the thing. I also had problem 5. The Vrzn folks said to kills open apps. It may be a function of multi-tasking too much and your phone needing to chill out. I also haven't had that problem since I occasionally kill unused open apps.

I am going to call in about the 30 days thing. Thanks for that tip. I would like the option, too, should the update not do it.

Peace.

dirk.moon

Nov 15, 2009
blackandroid.net
I've got problem number 4 with no screen protector.

To the OP. Did you get a bad VZW signal in your house with other phones? If not, you might want to try getting a replacement now. Its likely some of the issues on your list are software and will get fixed in December, or the next one update. Unfortunately you won't know for sure until 30 days is up.

I'd get a replacement now. See if its hardware related, some of your problems. It can't hurt and should not alter your ability to get a out after 30 days, based on the note the representative made. They may or may not honor that as it is. I had a bad one, replaced it, and am loving it now. Good luck.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I had to replace mine due to reception problems along with static, the rep said his bars went up and down as well as a couple of other sales reps....they said it also will probably be addressed on the update.

Noctem

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
ive had a few different problems

a) my ringtones wont play half of the time, and during those times, my phone wont recognize any of my mp3s either.

b) soemtimes icons seem to highlight themselves, especially when i go back to the home screen

c) sometimes while using my phone, my coverage would jump from full 3g to a few bars of 1x.

anyone else have these problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shrubby18