A couple of questions regarding a line with a DPP device on it.......

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, I am thinking about porting my number to different carrier. The line has a DPP on it. I'm going to move that device to one of my other lines on vzw......So my question is when the port goes through will vzw automatically just put the remaining balance of the phone on my bill or will they continue to let me pay it off monthly?

Also is it possible to have 2 DPP devices on one line as long as you are in good standing with them?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, I am thinking about porting my number to different carrier. The line has a DPP on it. I'm going to move that device to one of my other lines on vzw......So my question is when the port goes through will vzw automatically just put the remaining balance of the phone on my bill or will they continue to let me pay it off monthly?

Also is it possible to have 2 DPP devices on one line as long as you are in good standing with them?

I would contact them before porting to see what your options are. If you just port out the system will automatically bill the full amount remaining for that line.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I would contact them before porting to see what your options are. If you just port out the system will automatically bill the full amount remaining for that line.

But by calling them, wouldn't or couldn't they clip the line before I was ready and then I would lose my number?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But by calling them, wouldn't or couldn't they clip the line before I was ready and then I would lose my number?

Why would they do that? By law they have to let you take your number where you want as long as you are up to date on your payments for your phone / phone plan.

thedonp

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Lately it's billed monthly but it also depends when that DPP was initiated. You can only have one DPP per line though. And correct calling them wouldn't mean they can cut you off.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

No. You don't have to notify your current carrier that you're porting out. That's all handled when you attempt to bring that number to a new carrier and the port process takes over.

I don't think DPP agreements can be moved around to other lines - but call and ask.

If they can't be moved around, you should be billed the full final balance after the port process is done.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
No. You don't have to notify your current carrier that you're porting out. That's all handled when you attempt to bring that number to a new carrier and the port process takes over.

I don't think DPP agreements can be moved around to other lines - but call and ask.

If they can't be moved around, you should be billed the full final balance after the port process is done.

Well if I can't move it to the other line then I guess that I will trade it in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126