A Few Questions

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I am moving my Hero by the way. It us a really cool device. I like being able to change my scenes whenever I want and I love the browser and Google syncing. I do have a few questions and was wondering if someone would help me out.

1. When I use Google to look up an address and then choose Sprint Navigator to get directions, the navigation system asks for the address again instead using the address from the search. Anyone have a solution to this?

2. How do you incorporate spell check? App?

3. How do you turn off the vibrate in the dialer? I can turn the septic feedback off on the keyboard but not on the dialer.

If someone could answer these questions, I would really appreciate it.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 2.1, so forgive me if things are different. In the keyboard settings--> Touch input settings --> Text input --> Spell Check (check)
Haptic feedback was still there for me on the phone dialer still.
I can't comment on the Sprint Nav as it was included in my 2.1 rom, and doesn't seem to be supported with maps 4.0 right now. Google Nav looks amazing though

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 2.1, so forgive me if things are different. In the keyboard settings--> Touch input settings --> Text input --> Spell Check (check)
Haptic feedback was still there for me on the phone dialer still.
I can't comment on the Sprint Nav as it was included in my 2.1 rom, and doesn't seem to be supported with maps 4.0 right now. Google Nav looks amazing though

Thanks for the reply. I had the spell check settings already on. I was looking for the spell check like on the BlackBerry devices. I like to have the spell check run after I finish a message and clean it up before I send it out.

I wonder why the discern always vibrates. That doesn't make sense to me. Oh well. It's not am inconvenience, just a little annoying.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
hi newbie here. i currently do not have a hero or a android product but i do have interest in them. I am coming from a blackberry 8330 and looking to explore sort of speak. i tried the palm pre but i found the hardware a little weak and the keyboard tiny. my question is pretty simple how is the messaging with the Hero. truth is the onscreen keyboard scares me a bit and being a blackberry user its fairly easy with the obvious physical keyboard. any opinion would be appreciated.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
In the Hero's stock form from the store, the keyboard can lag a bit. I haven't experienced that since rooting and installing custom roms with different kernals. Its a breeze. My guestimate is that it will be fine when the 2.1 update releases cause it flys now (again, on a custom kernal). Its not unbearable, it just gets laggy after a bit of typing. The messaging apps in the market blow the stock app away. If you keep on top of memory management (something you're not used to coming from an 8330), typing is a breeze.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yandi90