a problem seeing the sd card from my laptop

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I just borrowed the sd card out of my HTC Desire 626s cell phone. I just proved my theory about the sd card in the tablet been wiped clean. With the sd card from my cell phone in the tablet. The laptop now sees the sd card in the tablet. I can get into the dir's and run app's and open pictures. I still can't mount the 4gb sd card or format it. in the tablet or the cell phone.

Last edited:

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I am just going to have to replace the 4gb sd card in the tablet. It just won't re-format. I tried Windows deep format, 2 other Windows prog's and I tried formatting the sd card in the tablet it self. It just won't work. And borrowing the sd card from my cell phone proves there is no problem with the tablet. Thanks B. Diddy for your time and your input.

Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A-ha! Good detective work. Chances are that the SD card simply failed. SD cards are not the most reliable and foolproof forms of memory around--a friend of mine who works in the industry once told me that SD cards use the bottom-of-the-barrel memory chips (when compared to eMMC), so one should never expect an SD card to last forever.