A question about Sense UI

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
So, I've been waiting for the release of the TB. I've reviewed a couple of documents that says while the TB is in a call, and you put the phone face down on a table or such, the speaker phone will turn on. Pretty freakin sweet if you ask me. It also is going to have the capability of turning the ringer volume up if the device is in your pocket, or purse or something along the lines of...

But then I started thinking... I've never have a HTC device yet, so I had a question. Along with the scenes that you can change (Home, Work ,Pleasure, ect) will it also change the ring tones that go along with it? Say I'm at home and I have a vulgar ring tone along with a NSFW wallpaper, and I change the scene to work, will it change the wallpaper and ringer to something more appropriate?

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yes, if you get a call and your phone is set to ring..you can flip your phone over and the ringing will stop. And I don't believe the ringtones change when you change scenes. You have to manually change them.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Sense question of my own. Can you add/remove pages to a Scene? There seems to be a fixed limit of 7 pages (on a Dinc with latest updates), which seems reasonable, but I'm just curious.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sense question of my own. Can you add/remove pages to a Scene? There seems to be a fixed limit of 7 pages (on a Dinc with latest updates), which seems reasonable, but I'm just curious.

You cannot add or remove pages unless you root and use the MIUI rom. You can however change the order of the pages in the scroll que...

FatalErrorz

Banned
Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you get a call and your phone is set to ring..you can flip your phone over and the ringing will stop. And I don't believe the ringtones change when you change scenes. You have to manually change them.

Does it go to speakerphone if you're in a call and set it down, or does it just stop ringing if flipped over like the Evo? If it's the first one, I wonder how it knows it got set down as you'd have the same g-force on a sensor if you moved it away from your ear and stopped moving it all of the sudden...I must research this.

Target#AC

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Does it go to speakerphone if you're in a call and set it down, or does it just stop ringing if flipped over like the Evo? If it's the first one, I wonder how it knows it got set down as you'd have the same g-force on a sensor if you moved it away from your ear and stopped moving it all of the sudden...I must research this.

It has an accelerometer. And if it doesn't have the speaker phone when laid down built in, there's an app you can download called Up Sound Down that does that. And if you flip it over during a phone call, it automatically switches to speaker phone as well. I use it all the time fixing networking problems at work when I'm in the HVAC rooms

Reactions: dajogejr

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That would actually be very helpful to know as well. How do you change the order?

Just pinch the any of the home screens to bring up all 7 in preview and drag and drop to move them.

Another way to change the amount of home screens is to use a different launcher like launcher pro or ADW. But when you do this you won't be able to use the Sense widgets.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just pinch the any of the home screens to bring up all 7 in preview and drag and drop to move them.

Hmm...the pinch part is working (and that's already a nice tip), but the screens seem locked down. Even if I hold on a screen for several seconds, it won't let me move it.

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question...why would you want to rearrange the order? If you just wanted something to come in a different order, wouldn't it be just as easy to set up that screen to have what you want on it? Or am I missig something (question is coming from a storm user)

ragingyeti

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want to rearrange everything and have all your widgets already set up but dont like the order, you would currently have to delete all of your widgets and then reapply them. If you are like me and only use your homescreens for widgets, you have a lot of widgets and this would take forever. The new Sense UI method allows you to move an entire homescreen at a time.

danthman

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you want to rearrange everything and have all your widgets already set up but dont like the order, you would currently have to delete all of your widgets and then reapply them. If you are like me and only use your homescreens for widgets, you have a lot of widgets and this would take forever. The new Sense UI method allows you to move an entire homescreen at a time.

You can move a widget from one page to another but only if there is free space on the page you are moving to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582