A2DP not working when connected with car BT

hpjoan

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello.
Last week I noticed that I can't stream music when connected with the BT car system. It worked before and it works with other phones. I tried clearing the cache unpair the devices reset both sides...no luck, any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When connected to the car stereo, open the phone's Bluetooth menu, tap the gear next to the car stereo, and make sure Media Audio is checked on.

hpjoan

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the answer.
There's no option for media. The most curious think is that if I unpair the devices and pair them again it works, but when I stop the car and disconnect the phone the next time they're connected there's no media. I've tried clearing the cache, reset the car system, installing all sort of BT apps and no joy.
It was working perfectly two weeks ago, and it works with other devices like speakers and headsets but not with the car system. That's very annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are there any other Bluetooth devices nearby that might be competing for the Media Audio connection?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is a longshot, but check with your car manufacturer (or car stereo manufacturer, it if's aftermarket) to see if there is a firmware update available.

hpjoan

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I'll try. But what bothers me is that is was fine two weeks ago and it works flawlessly with the rest of the phones, so it has to be a G6 fault.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll try. But what bothers me is that is was fine two weeks ago and it works flawlessly with the rest of the phones, so it has to be a G6 fault.

What changed on the phone between the time it worked and now? Any app or system updates? Installed any new apps?

hpjoan

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
There's has been a lot of updates, but I did not installed anything new. I've read something about Skype lite somewhere but I don't have it. I'll try uninstalling Skype.