A52s not switching to the best WiFi

Mar 11, 2023
Visit site
Hi my Samsung A52s does not automatically switch to the strongest/best available WiFi connection. Is this normal, and is there something I can do about it.

Mar 11, 2023
Visit site
Yes it is at home. The WiFi connections are saved. I have a router with 5G and standard WiFi and an extender. The whole house is covered well. There is no problem connecting to any of them, it's more like the phone doesn't always find the best one. If I am connected to the router, and move to a location where there is no signal from it, and there is a strong signal from the extender the phone may not make the switch, when I make it manually it will take a minute for the phone to detect the strong signal from the extender.
Hope this explanation makes sense for you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

Wi-fi extenders are notorious for being wonky, and devices often have difficulty switching connection to the closer wi-fi access point. This is why mesh wi-fi systems are a better bet -- there's a much smoother transition between points.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes it is at home. The WiFi connections are saved. I have a router with 5G and standard WiFi and an extender. The whole house is covered well. There is no problem connecting to any of them, it's more like the phone doesn't always find the best one. If I am connected to the router, and move to a location where there is no signal from it, and there is a strong signal from the extender the phone may not make the switch, when I make it manually it will take a minute for the phone to detect the strong signal from the extender.
Hope this explanation makes sense for you.
Welcome to AC!

Long press WiFi toggle in your pull down notification panel, it will take you to WiFi menu then tap 3 dots upper right corner>tap intelligent WiFi and toggle on switch to better WiFi Screenshot_20230311_095338_Settings.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Mar 11, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed instruction, this is what I was hoping for, unfortunately the switch to better WiFi is already enabled.
As I am writing this i lost WiFi, the available network was blank for the first minute or so then it showed what you can see in the picture, the phone did not switch to the available strong network.
For me this seems odd, and I don't think it's Samsungs intention that it should work like that. 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230311_180714_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230311_180714_Settings.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 5

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed instruction, this is what I was hoping for, unfortunately the switch to better WiFi is already enabled.
As I am writing this i lost WiFi, the available network was blank for the first minute or so then it showed what you can see in the picture, the phone did not switch to the available strong network.
For me this seems odd, and I don't think it's Samsungs intention that it should work like that.
Is the available network set to automatically sign in ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2023
Visit site
Yes both available network ate set to automatically sign in. Both network are in advanced settings. I have had some problems with two of my WiFi relays and I think they have the same problem as the phone so now I am looking for a mesh network solution.
Thanks for your support.

Reactions: mustang7757

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781