A53 5G latest Security patch level?

summest

Jul 8, 2023
Visit site
Today is July 7, 2023 and the latest Security patch level on my phone is dated, March 1, 2023. Since this is July, I would believe a new update would have happened by now. Is this patch level the latest or do I need to do something?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this the unlocked variant, or is it from a carrier? If it's from a carrier, the update schedule can also be limited by the carrier. (Also, if it's from a carrier and you're using the phone on a different carrier, that can also prevent you from getting proper updates -- this is commonly seen on AT&T phones.)

Reactions: summest

summest

Jul 8, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this the unlocked variant, or is it from a carrier? If it's from a carrier, the update schedule can also be limited by the carrier. (Also, if it's from a carrier and you're using the phone on a different carrier, that can also prevent you from getting proper updates -- this is commonly seen on AT&T phones.)
Thank you.

It us unlocked and unbranded. Currently it is on T-Mobile.

I did call Samsung Support and they went through Smart Tutor and said I had the latest update. They sounded sincere.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy A32 5G on T-Mobile, and I think it's on May -- but I might be misremembering, and perhaps it's still stuck on March. I'll have to take a look at it again when I get back home from work.