AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I am DONE with this watch and Samsung!!

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but I need to vent.

There was another poster who mentioned having to unlock his watch twice every time he put it on since the last update.

I too was having that same problem, but it's gotten worse, despite restarting it several times, making sure it's tight on my wrist, etc, now starting today, EVERY time I move my wrist it locks. EVERY. F'ING. TIME!!

I've been testing it by just lifting my wrist up and down, moving my arm, etc. Every time the watch moves in space, even though it's tight on my wrist it locks.

I was so ticked off that I just threw it down hard onto my bed, much as I wanted to, was about to, throw it against the wall.

On top of that, I've been watching the battery consumption, (Watch 5 Pro), and I'm draining about 5% every 45'ish minutes when doing NOTHING.

Using a regular, non-Facer, Pixel Minimalist face, (though I've tried several). Prior to the last update I'd get 2 days and change even when using a Facer, heavy complication face.

I'm just going back to a regular old watch.

Sorry, rant over, thanks for listening.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I am DONE with this POS watch and Samsung!!

Sorry, but I need to vent.

There was another poster who mentioned having to unlock his watch twice every time he put it on since the last update.

I too was having that same problem, but it's gotten worse, despite restarting it several times, making sure it's tight on my wrist, etc, now starting today, EVERY time I move my wrist it locks. EVERY. F'ING. TIME!!

I've been testing it by just lifting my wrist up and down, moving my arm, etc. Every time the watch moves in space, even though it's tight on my wrist it locks.

I was so ticked off that I just threw it down hard onto my bed, much as I wanted to, was about to, throw it against the wall.

On top of that, I've been watching the battery consumption, (Watch 5 Pro), and I'm draining about 5% every 45'ish minutes when doing NOTHING.

Using a regular, non-Facer, Pixel Minimalist face, (though I've tried several). Prior to the last update I'd get 2 days and change even when using a Facer, heavy complication face.

I'm just going back to a regular old watch.

Sorry, rant over, thanks for listening.
For this reason I ONLY use AMAZFIT GTR 4 smartwatch and I can get 18days battery life.

Sent from my SM-F721W using AC Forums mobile app

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I am DONE with this POS watch and Samsung!!

I posted the OP at 4:35pm today, now at 4:53pm... 18 minutes later, I'm down 4%. GRRRRRRR.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem yesterday where I had to keep putting my pin in. Today no issues. I thought it might be caused by bluetooth interface, or Google assistant. But who knows.....

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue. I went to Settings> Lock Type> None. This fixed it for me.

Thank you, I did that as an experiment, and it worked, but then I wouldn't be able to pay using the watch which I do extensively.

I actually, knock wood, seem to have fixed it by going in and turning the AOD off, then immediately on again... so far, so good.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The update that seems to have maybe caused this is the most recent one.

There are posts peppered around this forum regarding having to unlock the watch a few times after initially unlocking it since this most recent update, though none as severe as my issue.

No, I'd never thought about cleaning the sensors until I came across a Reddit post from someone with the same issue, and that suggestion was offered, it neither worked for them, nor me.

As I mentioned a few posts back, turning the AOD off, then immediately back on again, (no reboot in between), seems to have fixed the issue... so far.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
The update that seems to have maybe caused this is the most recent one.

There are posts peppered around this forum regarding having to unlock the watch a few times after initially unlocking it since this most recent update, though none as severe as my issue.

No, I'd never thought about cleaning the sensors until I came across a Reddit post from someone with the same issue, and that suggestion was offered, it neither worked for them, nor me.

As I mentioned a few posts back, turning the AOD off, then immediately back on again, (no reboot in between), seems to have fixed the issue... so far.
A new update dropped today in Canada. Let's see if it solved the need to unlock the watch twice

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I let mine update last night. Under about watch via the Wearable App on my phone, it says:
- oneUI watch version 4.5
- software version R910XXU1AWA3
- wear OS 3.5
- wear core services 1.3.119.499493697
- security software version ASKS v4.0 Release 20220314

I don't seem to have the problem. However, didn't seem to have it before either.

Edit: Interestingly, if I dig to find software version details at the watch, it says wear OS 1.3.119.489435902 updated Nov 2022. I don't know, this is confusing sometimes what is being updated when it says there is an update for the watch. I guess it was a Samsung update last night, one that sits on top of the actual wear OS? It wasn't a small update last night. 400 or something MB I think.

Last edited:

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm not confident enough on my testing methodology to comment on whether the twice-unlocking symptom has improved or not, but one thing that definitely hasn't is my battery life. I could easily go 1.5 days and beyond on the original firmware (2 updates ago) but this morning I woke up to find my watch powered off

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
My Watch5 currently says 22 percent, 10hrs39minutes left. I think I can srill easily get through 1.5days.
Did you update to this new firmware?

The hit to battery life was so bad that I didn't hesitate to reset my Watch 5. Now it's not as bad, but still noticeably worse. 24 hours on a single charge appears to be a stretch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084