ABI research: Samsung, Apple own 90% of smartphone profits

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Curious, what's the breakdown between Apple and Samsung in that 90%?

Wouldn't surprise me if of that 90% of profits it was Apple 80%/Samsung 20%.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Curious, what's the breakdown between Apple and Samsung in that 90%?

Wouldn't surprise me if of that 90% of profits it was Apple 80%/Samsung 20%.

Yea, it wouldn't surprise me either.

Although I'm not sure what the numbers are, they didn't mention it.

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I wish these two were not dominating so much. Samsung and Apple both make good products but they need other competitors like HTC and MOTO to make them innovate.

Sent from my DROID Incredible

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I wish these two were not dominating so much. Samsung and Apple both make good products but they need other competitors like HTC and MOTO to make them innovate.

Sent from my DROID Incredible

I feel like Apple does innovate, yet they are also exclusive and caught up in their own hype. $2200 for a Macbook Pro? Give me an effin break.

Samsung makes great products but they do steal designs and they have a tendency to make very conservative and insipid stuff. The Galaxy Note is one exception.

In regards to the article, I would really like to see HTC step their game up a little more. I am also a fan of Motorola but they have made a lot of blunders too.

anjali_jain

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
It was certain to happen. Samsung has Android and now Samsung & Apple only main companies are in the market. Blackberry and Windows phone has nothing to sale. Samsung has launched its Galaxy S 3 so it would be more interesting to see Samsung sales in 2nd quarter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bonnieeugene