Ability to type more than 160 on SMS

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Love this feature as my blackberries have never allowed this (on verizon at least)

Bad news is looks like the December 11 update will take this feature away. Reading through the update it states EMS (Extended Message Service) is not supported. Enter more than 160 characters sends it as MMS.

My guess is they will place the 160 character restriction on the droid starting on December 11.

I mean overall it's not a huge deal but it kind of disappointing to lose a feature.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Handcent (app) allows you to automatically break your SMS into multiple messages. Even if the OS takes the function away, the 3rd party apps should still be able to do it (hopefully).

kegstand

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
yeah it's a must have one of the few that I installed right away based on recommendations and after toying with it for a little have it customized just the way I like with custom colors.

Only suggestion I would say is use it as your default and then go into "Messaging" and turn off notifications otherwise you get something stuck up in your notification area.

slikone27

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Love this feature as my blackberries have never allowed this (on verizon at least)

Bad news is looks like the December 11 update will take this feature away. Reading through the update it states EMS (Extended Message Service) is not supported. Enter more than 160 characters sends it as MMS.

My guess is they will place the 160 character restriction on the droid starting on December 11.

I mean overall it's not a huge deal but it kind of disappointing to lose a feature.

I dont think they are removing it. I believe the fix is to show character count at all times, even before you get close to limit. And the other is to break up the text message into multiple parts automatically so it doesnt send it as a MMS message (which right now it does).

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I dont think they are removing it. I believe the fix is to show character count at all times, even before you get close to limit. And the other is to break up the text message into multiple parts automatically so it doesnt send it as a MMS message (which right now it does).

Exactly.....you beat me to it lol :D

tonyloke

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
handcent sms is the best app on this phone... use that and it will solve your prolem by automatically splitting it into multiple texts and sending them in the same order...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126