About note 3 battery drain.

Amir

Nov 17, 2013
plus.google.com
Hi there guys. Few days back I was having a really bad battery life about 4%/hour using facebook, twitter and YouTube. Now it's back to normal about 5 to 6%/hour with same usage. I didn't install any software that could have messed up the battery.

Anyone knows about it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That actually sounds good for having the screen on and using things that all require a connection.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

AndroidvsOS

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you update your phone to KitKat lately? It has been causing drain problems to many users. Something to do with camera.
I saw a tip on the Web to install Skype which I did and fixed most of the problem. Apparently Skype overwrites some problem-causing files that come with KitKat.

Amir

Nov 17, 2013
plus.google.com
Did you update your phone to KitKat lately? It has been causing drain problems to many users. Something to do with camera.
I saw a tip on the Web to install Skype which I did and fixed most of the problem. Apparently Skype overwrites some problem-causing files that come with KitKat.

I didn't update to KitKat. As I have read battery consumption is bad. I regret updating my phone to MJ7.

AndroidvsOS

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Still reading about it. Just read a post from another site saying Skype itself is the reason. Guy says his problem gone after uninstalling Skype! Another recommends removing both Skype and twitter. I will try it.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
@Amir - I made sure I have taken my medication before asking - but you meant the other way around, right. Losing 4% per hour is better than 5-6%. So now you are back to 4% ph.
As Almeuit said, I can't see that as bad. Thats 12 hours for 50 - 70%.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Amir

Nov 17, 2013
plus.google.com
@Amir - I made sure I have taken my medication before asking - but you meant the other way around, right. Losing 4% per hour is better than 5-6%. So now you are back to 4% ph.
As Almeuit said, I can't see that as bad. Thats 12 hours for 50 - 70%.

You are right. 😀

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Still reading about it. Just read a post from another site saying Skype itself is the reason. Guy says his problem gone after uninstalling Skype! Another recommends removing both Skype and twitter. I will try it.

I have Skype installed on my Note 3, and battery drain runs at .9%/ hour. I have used 18% battery in 20 hours as of now. Wherever you read what you read posted by whoever, somewhere on the Internet, it sounds like a crock of sh!t to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loafty