AC goes hands-on

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
And you know what? I'm really liking what I see. The display is going to be good. It's LG. They know displays. I'm kinda sold on the button placement after paying attention to how I actually hold my phone. Check it out. Plenty of pictures there, and the video is below.

Still wanna see camera performance in real life.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That notification panel looks horrible. So much clutter before you actually get to the area with the notifications.

I'm sure you can configure a few of them. If I'm correct, I think 4.2.2 has a feature where you can press the time and date to "hide" the toggles. Perhaps something like that is implemented.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sold on the button configuration, BUT I love that knock knock feature!

That notification panel looks horrible. So much clutter before you actually get to the area with the notifications.

I agree. But I can definitely see the button layout being "good".

The knock knock feature is just awesome.

I'm ok with a busy top bar, but I don't like busy when I actually pull down notifications. Does that make sense?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree their notification panel and quick settings are the worst, fortunately you can edit them and Droid-Life has a video up they took with an LG rep showing how to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sold on the button configuration, BUT I love that knock knock feature!

Who's there?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's getting to the point where if a new phone doesn't have Zoe's and Highlights I dont care about the rest. The One is a deeply flawed device IMO but those features are killer and unique. Doesnt look like the G2 has anything comparable.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's getting to the point where if a new phone doesn't have Zoe's and Highlights I dont care about the rest. The One is a deeply flawed device IMO but those features are killer and unique. Doesnt look like the G2 has anything comparable.

Camera performance as a whole is something I try not to judge too much until I see real-world samples. On paper, it should take good pics. But yes, those two features keep me on Sense on the ONE.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Am not a big screen kinda guy. The Moto x was supposed to be the perfect device for me but they mucked it up on price. If the nexus 5 is based on this, I will buy it in a heartbeat.
And dat battery! Razr maxx is red with envy.
Stock would look and feel amazing on this!
Plus could you put a phone image to the G2 forum?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Camera performance as a whole is something I try not to judge too much until I see real-world samples. On paper, it should take good pics. But yes, those two features keep me on Sense on the ONE.

While my S4 takes better pics in most circumstances, 90% of the time the pics go out via MMS or social media so the difference is negligible. The S4 camera gimmicks havent made it into normal use but the Zoes and Highlights are difference makers, rendering all other gimmicks kinda useless to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DONALD