AC needs your help -- Did you root your Inspire?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
5,569
2,797
113
Visit site
Hi guys :)

Did you root your Inspire, and feel like helping out a bit here in the forums?

As you probably know, the root method for the Inspire scares the heck out of a lot of people. It's a lot of unfamiliar tools, and unfamiliar methods for many.

We're looking for a person (or two) that feels they can explain the process a bit better than is done on other websites, and more importantly help field a few questions about the whole thing -- which there are bound to be.

if this sounds like you, by all means holler at any of the site admins or Inspire forum mods, or just shoot me an email

Thanks!
 

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
424
34
0
Visit site
I tried but couldn't get it to root. The last command line wouldn't find the file so I went back to the stock RUU. I read that someone is making an easier way to do it over at xda. The kit that was posted over there was hard to decipher but someone made you tube videos that show you how to do it which made it a lot easier. I'd have a rooted Inspire if that last command line had worked. I'm looking forward to an updated method.
 

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
5,569
2,797
113
Visit site
I rooted the day after I got it. This is my first Android, and it wasn't all that hard. Hardest part for me was getting a working Gold Card. I can go over what all I did if needed.

:)

If you have the time, and feel like making a post in the Inspire Hacking forum, I'd be a happy fella lol.

There's a lot of discussion that is needed about it, and having somewhere to do it would help everyone.
 

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
5,569
2,797
113
Visit site
There are a group of people working on a simple one-click GUI method in the XDA forums. You can check on the development and when it is completed in this forum post on XDA.

[WIP][DEV][GUI] (2- 20-2011) HTC Inspire 4G Simple S-Off, Perm-Root, and Clockwork - xda-developers

Sorry about the two-in-a-row, wanted to address this separately.

I've been keeping an eye on that myself. I think (and hope) they'll get it done. Once they do, things will be a lot easier on everyone.
 

sheanzyy

Member
Feb 5, 2011
19
0
0
www.youtube.com
The XDA bounty is up for a simplified process(noob friendly) all in a nice basic GUI format. I pledged $100 for this development. A pre-alpha release will most likely be tomorrow.

The only part difficult is setting up a GoldCard. Other than that, this GUI will work flawlessly, I'm sure.
 

satoups

Member
Mar 13, 2011
17
1
0
Visit site
I would love for somebody to write it in noob format. I am talking completely noob. Don't assume anything. Maybe redo a more detailed video. I understand approx 90% of buddy one click method but the other 10% is not clear on the vid so I am scared to try it because I will may lock up. XDA has a lot of knowledge but man don't ask a question that they don't want to hear. You can only read so many pages.....On the vid he jumps from one program screen to another without explaining how he got there etc...I jail broke iphones and changed OS in balckberrys but the Droid is scary. This is my first droid and so for its nice but would love to root it.
I would appreciate anyone taking the time to shoot a video or write out the steps in layman's words.
Hell I would donate a few $$ for it...
 

Patg88

Well-known member
Feb 26, 2011
55
5
0
Visit site
I got root and boy do I feel nerdtastic, follow Bobby's one touch, take your time and you will do it. If you try it and get stuck pm me and I will do my best to lend a hand. I am by no means an expert I rooted my phone thanks to Bubbys hard work. 95% of the fine folks on here would be more than happy to help. If you feel uncomfortable posting pm me.
When you root you do run the risk of bricking your phone.
 

berdinkerdickle

Well-known member
Nov 18, 2008
899
10
0
Visit site
Bubba's worked for me also.
I went really slow because my brain isn't as quick as it was when I was younger.
My first try something didn't go right because I missed a step, but if you take your time and follow the steps, it isn't too difficult.
 

DroidXcon

Well-known member
Oct 21, 2010
11,100
3,392
0
Visit site
Bubba's worked for me also.
I went really slow because my brain isn't as quick as it was when I was younger.
My first try something didn't go right because I missed a step, but if you take your time and follow the steps, it isn't too difficult.

can you link me to this please?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
943,758
Messages
6,919,935
Members
3,159,216
Latest member
Bongo