Access SD card when connected to PC

pedro0223

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to android so bare with me. How do I access my SD card when my Atrix is connected to my PC? I'm running windows 7, 64bit. Thanks!

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Dunno if there are drivers for this phone in 64bit version of Win7. You might want to ask AT&T or Moto directly about that. If there are no drivers--you'll need to put the SD card in a card reader.

If there are drivers, you should just be able to follow the setup instructions with the phone, plug in a USB cord or make a BT connection, and the SD card shows up (with a short lag) as just another device in the "Computer" list of drives.

islasian

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have Windows 7 64/bit, no problems there... When you plug in your phone, pull down the notification bar at the top, click on the USB connection and then you choose "USB Mass Storage".

You can also chose "Motorola Phone Portal" and that will install some drivers to Windows 7 as well..

digiconstructor

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Thank you.

Thank you so much. I too was wondering how to access the SD card since I only saw one storage space from my computer. I did the drop down and selected USB storage and see how to go back and forth now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen