Access to clipboard items

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Moto G8. I've just changed from an LGG4. On the LG, if you highlighted something and selected copy, the clip tray popped up, with the thing you'd just copied, plus previous items you'd copied. So, you had a choice of about 8 'boxes' to choose from to paste, of previous items copied. Also, if you highlighted text, you got the usual 'cut, copy, paste, select all' choices, BUT you also got a 'clip tray' choice. This is absent on the G8, annoyingly so, as it means you can only paste the last thing you copied (which is usually made redundant, once pasted). Am I right in assuming this multi box clip tray option is not available in android 10?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Only the last item available for pasting is historically how the copy/paste feature works/worked. To do any different, on any OS, means installing some add-on which LG did for you on your previous device. The "clip tray", or whatever you want to call it, shouldn't be a long-term storage space but I should note that Google's GBoard does allow you to "pin" items to be available later.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! As mentioned by hallux, if you use Gboard, tap the clipboard icon on the top row, then turn the toggle on. You can now copy multiple pieces of text, and they will be stored individually there, just like the old Clip Tray feature on LG's keyboard.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you don't use Gboard, Clipper is a clipbpoard manager that gives you multiple "clipboard" items. (Clipboard in quotes because "the clipbooard" is a reserved area in the system, and multiple-item "clipboards" work differently - the "reserved area" is part of the app, not part of the system.)