Accessories with extended battery?

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
For the people who bought the extended battery and accessories for the bionic. I wanted to know if the desktop charger and the window mount would fit with the extended battery.

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
ok, i got the Bionic today with the extended battery and i also picked up a standard desktop charger, window mount and a holster. The standard desktop charger and window mount work fine with the extended battery. However they did not have a holster like my orginal droid as of yet. I need to have a holster so i opted to use this slip in case till i can get the one that will work with out a slip on case. For now i will have to take the slip on case off at night and when on long distance travel so i can use the dock and mount. Hope i can find a holster soon.

Keekeegottadroid

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
nope. i opted for the otterbox instead of the battery. however the silicone outer is sticky and collecting massive dust even in the holster. and the screen protector is antiglare and mutes the screen out. i think im gonna return it for the battery
Thanks. I was going to return the Incipio case for the Otterbox. Guess I'll just keep looking.

Last edited:

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was going to return the Incipio case for the Otterbox. Guess I'll just keepin looking.

I bought the "shell and holster" combo yesterday and it is designed to fit the extended battery. I don't have an extended battery. I hate this case and I am returning it ASAP. I had it on the phone for 5 minutes and I took it off and pick back in it's box to be ready to return, I had the same basic case for my OG Droid, it was ok but cheaply made and I actually broke 2 of them before I bought my Seidio innocase, which was very nice.

This new Bionic version is even more cheaply made, it feels like they made it 10-15% thinner to save a few pennies. It has a weird design, it is slippery and sharp in your hand at the same time, it is bulky but it does not feel solid or protective.

I only bought it to tide me over until I get something I like, but I hate it so much that I could not live with myself if I did not return it.

fireplug

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Desktop yes, multimedia dock no. The one that was actually on display in the store was the multimedia dock.

The display unit probably had the insert installed. When that is removed the extended battery fits. At least on the HD dock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Electrode

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Extended battery and it fit's in my leather hip case, the car dock & HDMI Dock... works great. Really loving the new phone.. Moved up from the OG Droid, so much quicker.

The hip case I'm still not sure about, it swivels too easly, sometimes it's hard to get the phone out as the case wants to spin as your opening / or poping the phone out of it.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the Extended battery and it fit's in my leather hip case, the car dock & HDMI Dock... works great. Really loving the new phone.. Moved up from the OG Droid, so much quicker.

The hip case I'm still not sure about, it swivels too easly, sometimes it's hard to get the phone out as the case wants to spin as your opening / or poping the phone out of it.

I am loving the step up from the Droid 1 also, I am still trying to find a carrying solution that works for me personally. I grabbed a $5 leather hip pouch off Amazon. It doesn't swivel, it is nice, but it is hard to get on and off my belt and I completely understand what you are talking about - it is hard to get in and out of the case. I know I am going to miss calls trying to pull it out and almost as bad - I am going to accidentally answer it at times I would really rather let it go to voice mail for certain people.

I need to find another solution but I don't want to make the phone huge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaetzle