Accidentally force stopped phone/messaging storage

Giuseppe10

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
So I had the voice mail icon stuck on even though I didn't have any messages. I was trying to get rid of it and I heard you do it by clearing the data in the apps. Well me having this be my first android phone and only having it for a day, I say force stop and thought maybe it would stop the notification and then I could just turn it back on and it would be done. So I clicked it and now I'm not sure if I messed anything up???

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, it should run the next time it's needed. It's like clicking the X in the upper right corner of a Windows program. It's still there when it's needed.

Giuseppe10

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Thx im excited to get rid of the iPhone and try out android and the nexus line. I cleared data after that and the icon went away. I reset the phone and went back into the same screen but force stop I couldn't click on. So maybe I haven't done anything yet to make the app part work?

Giuseppe10

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
ok now I have another problem. Now since I force stopped the messaging, I never receive the notification icon that I have a voice mail.. Do you think I have to reboot to the default settings to fix this?

Gerald Tejas

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem on my newish Alcatel POP ICON running Android 4.2.2 with Straight Talk (ATT). The voicemail icon wouldn't go away/accidently hit force stop/then cleared data. That got rid of the false icon but now it never comes on when there ARE messages. The Show Notifications is checked but the entire app is greyed out. Rebooting doesn't help. Hopefully someone will give us some guidance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dskc