Accidently deleted Micro SD card, stuck on white screen on reboot

rgunia

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am in a bind. I bought a used rooted HTC Droid Incredible. I have loved it for 8 months then wanted to upgrade. Seeing that I stored a lot of my apps on the micro SD card I thought it would be best to delete its content. I was not well versed with the ROM and that is was probably stored there.... So the phone was on and started to act slow, not refreshing my gmail, etc. It also has an icon come up on top, saying that either your SD card was blank or it was not formatted correctly...if I recall.

So I rebooted the phone. Then it would not get past the White screen with Black HTC Incredible letters.

I browsed the forum and I think I messed it up more trying to do a hard reset on it. I did this by going to the CLEAR STORAGE part. I guess I should have posted before I did that....

Currently in the HBOOT screen it reads

INCREDIBLE XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.79.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16AB
RADIO-2.05.00.06.11
MAY 14 2010, 14:15:44

If I go to RECOVERY...

before the hard reset, it gave me the normal options but had

ClockworkMod Recover v2.5.0.1 at the bottom

Now it has that and below it it has

E:can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(File exists)
E: Can't mount CACHW:recovery/command
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(File exists)
E: Can't mount CACHE: recovery/log
E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0pt
(File exists)

Any help would be appreciated. Again, I bought the phone rooted and was clearing things off to sell and accidently deleted the Micro SD content. Then tried a bunch of stuff I read on here including a hard reset.

I may just pitch the phone, but if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Also if anyone can recommmend someone in the Boston proper area to take a look at it, I would be happy to do that too before I threw it out.

Thanks so much.

And I know I made some stupid mistakes...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Accidently deleted Micro SD card, stuck on white screen on re

Do you know which ROM was on there? (Just curious)

Try taking the SD Card out and booting it from there. If that does not work, put the SD card in your computer and format it FAT32, then follow the directions in this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...id-incredible-gingerbread-ota.html#post980676

This will bring you back to un-rooted Factory Froyo. According to what you posted about your HBOOT you are already S-OFF so it will be good to go to sell.

Any questions or problems, please post here. ;)

rgunia

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Do you know which ROM was on there? (Just curious)

Try taking the SD Card out and booting it from there. If that does not work, put the SD card in your computer and format it FAT32, then follow the directions in this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...id-incredible-gingerbread-ota.html#post980676

This will bring you back to un-rooted Factory Froyo. According to what you posted about your HBOOT you are already S-OFF so it will be good to go to sell.

Any questions or problems, please post here. ;)
This may sounds like a stupid question, but how do you put the mircro sd card in to my mac? I have a reader for a normal size sd card that I have for an old camera.. but do I need to buy an adaptor? I connected it with the phone usb but it seems to not read it like it normally would if it was working. The mac pulled something up but but I don't know how to reformat it to FAT32, but I will google it tomorrow.

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but by following what others have written, I think I made the situation worse. So I want to be sure before going forward. Thanks so much for your reply. I am not sure of what ROM I was running. I just learned that ROM and Kernal are the same thing from this site. It was a bunch of words below kernal so I didn't think it was common what was listed, so I didn't write it down which I kick myself for now.

ScottyDog

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

This may sounds like a stupid question, but how do you put the mircro sd card in to my mac? I have a reader for a normal size sd card that I have for an old camera.. but do I need to buy an adaptor? I connected it with the phone usb but it seems to not read it like it normally would if it was working. The mac pulled something up but but I don't know how to reformat it to FAT32, but I will google it tomorrow.

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but by following what others have written, I think I made the situation worse. So I want to be sure before going forward. Thanks so much for your reply. I am not sure of what ROM I was running. I just learned that ROM and Kernal are the same thing from this site. It was a bunch of words below kernal so I didn't think it was common what was listed, so I didn't write it down which I kick myself for now.
try this link...
About the SD and SDXC card slot

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

You would need an adapter to make it big enough to fit the SD slot. Most micro cards come with one. Or you could put it in a camera or something like that and format it as FAT32 from there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomeoCatcher