Acer 14 for $59 at Walmart

danfriday

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
My first Chromebook and what a deal it was. Original price of $299. On clearance for $59.
Shows price of $159 on their website but their keeping sale price a secret. :)

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 11.51.15 AM - Display 2.png

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Clearance prices vary by location, I've seen 2 Walmarts within 10 miles of each other price the same computer differently when on clearance.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Why is that?

It's a third-party tool that makes no guarantees about product availability - which is why I mention use it as a starting point.

https://help.brickseek.com/hc/en-us...-store-and-didn-t-find-any-Why-What-can-I-do-

If you show a salesperson a Brickseek link, there's nothing they could do about the information displayed by Brickseek and resolving your item issue - and I've heard of stories where the salesperson becomes less helpful. You can't price-match with Brickseek so if you find this Chromebook at for regular price at any retailer, you won't be able to get it for the location-specific clearance price. And even it shows the $59 price for that particular Walmart and you find it at that Walmart but it rings up regular price, you won't be getting it for $59.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's a remote possibility, but it seems unlikely for a Chromebook of that generation. Google has recently been prolonging software update support for more recent Chromebooks, but it depends on the chipset used in the devices.

Linux might be an option, but I don't have experience with that on a Chromebook. I've seen some articles about installing Neverware's CloudReady on a Chromebook, but I think that's pretty involved, and not very stable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad