Acer Spin 13

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Price and availability finally announced today for the Spin 13! What are your thoughts on the $650-$1000 price points? I've currently got the r13 and was hoping to upgrade to the Spin. Having purchased the r13 for about $325, I don't know that the Spin will be worth twice the price. Maybe if it goes on sale, but I don't see spending more than $500 on a chromebook.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm with ya on price. If I'm buying a Chromebook in the up to $1k range, I'm probably getting the Pixel book...

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm with ya on price. If I'm buying a Chromebook in the up to $1k range, I'm probably getting the Pixel book...

You might want to reconsider. Jerry's claims that the Spin 13 is the best Chromebook ever made might have some meat to it: https://www.androidcentral.com/acer-chromebook-spin-13-best-chromebook-ever-made-should-you-buy-it Performance test alone where its 8th gen i5 trounces a 7th gen i7 Pixelbook gives me a bit of buyer's remorse (I just picked up an i7 Pixelbook :( ). If you have the means, you should go take this for a Spin...yes, pun intended. ;)

MicroZone

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
This is the only Chromebook that I'm considering, but I will splurge the extra hundred from this review unit and get the one with 16gb of ram.

As for the final part of the review, where he basically says just go get a Windows laptop..... um.... no. Not ever again. My work laptop is a Windows device that's about two years old. Some IT "expert" convinced me to be an ***** and spend nearly a grand on it. My home laptop is a little Hisense Chromebook from three years ago. It runs faster than my work laptop. If a sub-hundred dollar laptop works for me that we'll after three years, you can bet the farm that when I replace it, it will be the best version of that operating system being made.

And it ain't the Pixelbook, kids. If I can't put an SD card in it for media purposes, it's not worth having. Phone or laptop.

tnolte

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
One other big difference that the Spin 13 has, over the Pixelbook, is a micro SD card slot. Now, granted if you have 128GB of built-in storage that begs the question what you would need the SD slot for but it is pretty handing to pop in a camera SD card or use one for backups or transferring to another device.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Spin 13 CP713 delivered from Amazon. I'm up and running and I am impressed. I upgraded from an ASUS C302, a well-respected chromebook, and I have no regrets. I had to immediately upgrade from Chrome OS 68 but once it was up and running it was great.

So far, there is nothing about this Spin 13 I don't like.

mikesmithfl

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've got one as well. I always love watching how fast it installs apps from the store. All the old tablets and phones can take a minute or two and this CB does it in seconds. Usually less than 5 seconds. It's up to CrOS 74 now, waiting for 75 to get fixed before its re-release and none of the new features have made a noticeable change in how fast this thing is. I use it mostly as a laptop but it is REALLY nice being able to "Spin" that screen around and use it as a tablet with a nice stylus.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01