Add me to the list of soon to be former WebOS users...

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, lots of you ex-webos users may remember me from PreCentral and before that TreoCentral. I've been a Palm user since the Treo 700p days then got the Treo 755p and waited years until they finally came out with the Palm Pre. I imagined the Palm Pre as the end all be all of phones when it was first announced. I still remember my excitement during CES 2009. June 6th, I was one of the first 10 in line at my sprint store. Told everyone I knew about it, and bragged about how amazing the OS was. A year and a half later... eh, I just wanna be rid of this thing. The Pre hardware was total crap, had to get it replaced 4 times. It's slow, the slider never worked right, the buttons aren't responsive anymore, apps are limited, and overall it just sucks now. So ready to move on, and as much as there will be things I'll miss including the UI, homebrew, gestures, touchstone, etc... it's not worth staying to continue to be disappointed. I'm hoping an Evo 2 gets released on Sprint soon with better battery life and a little smaller so I can jump ship for something new.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the Android army recruit. I've left the Pre as soon as the Evo was launched and haven't looked back...i'm happier for it. I'm waiting on a newer Evo hopefully to replace my current one which hasn't given me any issues. I don't think the Evo will be getting any smaller because the size is one of the reasons why it is successful...if anything slightly bigger. If they can squeeze a 4.5" screen in without making it any bigger, it would be nice.

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the Android army recruit. I've left the Pre as soon as the Evo was launched and haven't looked back...i'm happier for it. I'm waiting on a newer Evo hopefully to replace my current one which hasn't given me any issues. I don't think the Evo will be getting any smaller because the size is one of the reasons why it is successful...if anything slightly bigger. If they can squeeze a 4.5" screen in without making it any bigger, it would be nice.

good to hear. Makes me feel better that ex-Pre users are happy with their Evos and android. And yea, I don't mean smaller in terms of length/width. Mostly thickness. I know its close to impossible at this point because most of the space is taken by battery, but slightly thinner would still be nice, and possibly cut down a tiny bit more on the bezel (which i realize is also close to impossible). Would also be nice to have some kind of inductive charging dock, but if I had a decent regular dock, its really not a big deal.