Add music to sd card

br808

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I put in a new sd card to my note 4 and trying to move music to the card using samsung's kids app on my MBP. Now it's stuck at 1699/5200.

Has anyone else used Kies w/ this issue?
What do you use/ how do you add music/files to your sd card?

I have and paid for double twist air sync feature, but that's sloooooow, I'm talking takes over a day slow.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Transferring 5200 files at one time is going to be slow, no matter what the OS, the device or the method of transfer. (Try it on your PC, transferring 5200 files from one drive to another. [Transferring from one folder to another is different, it only transfers about 32 bytes per file.])

Transferring from the phone to the SD card is the fastest way if the music is on the phone. If it's on a PC, putting the card into the PC and transferring the files directly to the card will be much faster (but that's still a number I'd start going just before going to sleep). Transferring 200 or 300 files can take a long time. 5200 files? Watching grass grow is more active.

br808

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
The files were moving, you could see the count, then it stopped. Kies stopped responding and I had to force quit (I have a Mac).

If I put the sd card formatted for android, the mac wouldn't recognize it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the SD card is formatted as FAT32 (which is what it should be to be universal among all devices), Macs will recognize it.

Also, if you're connected via a USB hub, most hubs won't handle sustained file transfer like that, but most computers will if you plug directly into the computer's port. (That's the "it goes like blazes for a while, then just stops" symptom of a hub that can't handle it.)