Added a contact (Android) to a gmail account, but disappeared. Any help?

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Added a contact (android) to a gmail account, but dissapeared

I saved a new contact to a gmail account, a phone number and name. Saved the contact. The contact was added to my list but then i can't find it anywhere in my contact s. I already re-sync the account's, no errors, also checked in gmail for my contacts doing a restoration and nothing. Also cheked others contacts to display.
It's like the added contact for some reason was deleted. I downloaded the app "deleted contacts" and didn't find it there too.
Any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Added a contact (android) to a gmail account, but dissapeared

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Did you enter this account using the Contacts app? Can you find it on contacts.google.com on your computer browser?

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Yes, using contacts app. i'm using lollipop 5.0. i couldn't find in contacts.google.com.
I'm sure the contact was saved. And i didn't deleted.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, and the contact was definitely entered into your Google account, and not the Device account, right?

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your account]​, and make sure Contacts is checked on.

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Yes, already tried that.
Maybe when i created the contact it didn't sync with google? Is there a way to get back that contact?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I suppose it's possible it didn't sync in time, before the entry was somehow lost. If you enter a new contact to your Google account right now, does it save and sync appropriately?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I doubt you can recover it. Locally saved contacts aren't saved as individual files--they're stored as part of a database file in a protected system directory. I would guess that the same goes for synced Google contacts. If a contact you entered into Google disappeared mysteriously, I think it'll be hard to find it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, but I don't really know. If it were a deleted file, then you could follow this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-s/500142-guide-recovering-deleted-files.html. But the problem here is that an individual contact doesn't get saved as an individual file--it's stored in an SQLite database file. I suppose you could use an SQLite editor, root the phone, and see if you can find the data there somewhere, but I really have no experience with that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63