Advice needed: Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy SIII?

okayariz

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I'll be getting a new phone today, and I've pretty much decided to go with the Galaxy Nexus. But my dad has been trying to convince me to get the Galaxy SIII instead. Over the last few weeks since the SIII launched, I've been reading reviews on the phone, and it is impressive.

So I'm stumped.

So here's some reasons why I wanted the Nexus.

It's pretty. It just looks right.
It's "pure google". So that sounds pretty cool too. (I actually have no idea what that means. Could someone enlighten me?)
The genreal UI looks really attractive. The colours and all that jazz.

The things that are making me think twice about getting the Nexus...

The fact the it's an "old" phone. 7 months out. Do I really want to get a phone that has been out for that long? As compared to one that just came out a few weeks ago?
The specs aren't as good as the SIII. With only a duo core, should I worry that it's not gonna be relevant in the near future?

The SIII is probably the phone of the moment. So that's tempting. But I'm not very comfortable with the colour choices. White and Pebble Blue (Seriously? It's an ugly colour and wth is pebble blue?) What happened to good ol' black?
And Samsung UI honestly isn't as good looking as Google's.

On the other hand, the SIII hosts very cool features. And has potentially more relevance.

So can anyone dish out some advice for me?

Thanks!!!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It's "pure google". So that sounds pretty cool too. (I actually have no idea what that means. Could someone enlighten me?)

I assume this in reference to Google being part of the manufacturing of the phone and because Android is made by Google. I know Samsung made the phone, but, Google had a hand in it.

The fact the it's an "old" phone. 7 months out. Do I really want to get a phone that has been out for that long? As compared to one that just came out a few weeks ago?
The specs aren't as good as the SIII. With only a duo core, should I worry that it's not gonna be relevant in the near future?

Do you know someone that has either phone? If so, go check them out. A hands on is probably the best way to tell if you want a phone. At least go play with them both at a store. Pick whichever you like best and whichever is in your price range. I will say that when the SII wasn't officially slated to go to any specific carrier, it was the phone I coveted most and I was holding off getting a new phone until it came out. It never went to Verizon, so, I couldn't get one, but, that was the phone I wanted and I did a lot of research. So, I would assume the SIII is a really awesome phone (don't do as much research anymore since I have a phone).

The SIII is probably the phone of the moment. So that's tempting. But I'm not very comfortable with the colour choices. White and Pebble Blue (Seriously? It's an ugly colour and wth is pebble blue?) What happened to good ol' black?

Honestly, if it's the best phone as far as construction and operation, and, the right phone for me, I'd get it if it were hot pink.

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
okayariz, your thread is nearly identical to my own I posted yesterday. These are the two phones I'm battling against in my head.

I've been demoing both where I can. I feel more drawn to the Nexus because its straight-up Google, clean, and works.

The S3 has more bells and whistles though in regards to the hardware. Expandable memory, speed, and I think I saw it has mini HDMI even. Not to mention its weeks olds. I wouldn't be surprised if a new Google phone was announced in a month. lol

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I'll be getting a new phone today, and I've pretty much decided to go with the Galaxy Nexus. But my dad has been trying to convince me to get the Galaxy SIII instead. Over the last few weeks since the SIII launched, I've been reading reviews on the phone, and it is impressive.

So I'm stumped.

So here's some reasons why I wanted the Nexus.

It's pretty. It just looks right.
The genreal UI looks really attractive. The colours and all that jazz.

The things that are making me think twice about getting the Nexus...

On the other hand, the SIII hosts very cool features. And has potentially more relevance.

So can anyone dish out some advice for me?

Thanks!!!

Go for the HTC One X:

Better display

Better software

(much) better design)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe. That'd be strange, it's still a post, but, you are probably right. Haha.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

mitang

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
Difficult choice...
It was the same with me, but I decided Nexus Prime. And I will never say Sorry for that! In case you could feel lucky with a smartphone without memory extention and a radio, then this is the right choice for you! Nexus is working great, no lags, perfect and quick GPS positioning (believe me, it is very important). Not so good pictures in the dark... but good enough by the day, so, who care...:). The reason I bought the Nexus: software updates! Everyone with Nexus will be lucky to obtain quickly and in time the newest Android version from Google in the future. Believe me, after so much waitings for updates to my former Galaxy S from Samsung, I decided to have
'Pure' Android for my next mobile ant to shorten those endless waitings;) And I think it was my right choice.
Finaly, Nexus or S-III, I think you will have great time with one of them:)
Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX