AE-L works in Auto mode

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just found that out. In Auto mode, tap & hold on the part of the screen you want to do the metering. AE-L will lock. Did you know about that?

I always thought it is not possible to have any user control in Auto mode.
This is a nice finding for me as it is possible to control exposure with HDR on. HDR is not available in Manual mode.
It is a sort of semi-Auto mode on the V20 imo.

Last edited:

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Just found that out. Tap & hold on the part of the screen you want to do the metering. AE-L will lock. Did you know about that?

I always thought it is not possible to have any user control in Auto mode.
This is a nice finding for me as it is possible to control exposure with HDR on. it a sort of semi-Auto mode on the V20 imo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks! Nice finding

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought you already found it :)

This would be particularly useful when shooting scenes under strong sunglight & with dark shadows. HDR will help & you have the choice of metering on the dark or light areas.
Haha I might have accidentally accessed it once or twice

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Haha I might have accidentally accessed it once or twice
I also found that accidentally: I was doing an AE-L thinking I was in Manual mode. When that worked, I was wondering where all those settings like Iso, Focus, WB etc have gone. Then I happily realized that I was in Auto mode. BTW, I checked the manual, this is an undocumented feature.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this and it's an AE and AF lock. Great for recomposing shots after getting it locked, but it won't refocus.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleSyrup