After a month with the Note 9 512GB, I'm back to Pixel Land... It feels so good!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, All...

I never thought I would willingly sell off a just-released flagship and go back to a phone from a year ago...

But, after trading my Pixel 2XL in for the Note 9, I was never truely happy with the Note 9. Above everything else, the camera was JUNK. It was the most annoying 4 weeks with a new phone ever!

I just picked up an unlocked Pixel 2XL 128GB (just like the one I had), and I'll be trading the Note 9 toward a Pixel 3 once I go hands on with it.

It feels good to be back!

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey, All...

I never thought I would willingly sell off a just-released flagship and go back to a phone from a year ago...

But, after trading my Pixel 2XL in for the Note 9, I was never truely happy with the Note 9. Above everything else, the camera was JUNK. It was the most annoying 4 weeks with a new phone ever!

I just picked up an unlocked Pixel 2XL 128GB (just like the one I had), and I'll be trading the Note 9 toward a Pixel 3 once I go hands on with it.

It feels good to be back!
How bad is the SGN9's camera? Does this mean that Samsung still can't get it right with the cams of all its SGN flagships? I use an SGN3 and the cam performance is appalling (though taking pictures isn't a priority for me in a phone). My wife's Samsung J4 camera is way better that the one in my SGN3 (SM-N900 running Android 5.0).

Last edited:

Canon7D

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
So far I have my note 9 for approximately would month and I could say I honestly love the phone I had a note 8 before that and I started getting the note series on note 2 and really love them. I'm really surprised that you did like the camera I am I'm a Aspiring photographer and I think the note 9 camera is just fine I really do.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I've compared both at the store and the pixel focused better and was more consistent.

also was able to test low light between 2xl and iPhone 8 plus and the pixel was significantly better. brighter and more detailed.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've compared both at the store and the pixel focused better and was more consistent.

also was able to test low light between 2xl and iPhone 8 plus and the pixel was significantly better. brighter and more detailed.

Yes!

Did you see my photo comparison above?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
One has way more detail, that's got to be the Pixel 2 pic.

I looked at a note 9 this past weekend and there's just so much stuff. It almost was overwhelming. I don't think I can go back to Samsung now that it's been a couple years.

Here's the crazy part.... The blurry pic was the Samsung camera app. The clear pic was STILL using the Note 9 phone, but it was using the hacked pixel Camera APK. That PROVES that the blurry quality is intentional (or at least, preventable) by Samsung.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's the crazy part.... The blurry pic was the Samsung camera app. The clear pic was STILL using the Note 9 phone, but it was using the hacked pixel Camera APK. That PROVES that the blurry quality is intentional (or at least, preventable) by Samsung.
Wow that is crazy how much they do in software. I don't get it, I want the detail.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
http://imgur.com/a/uWA02fo

You'll instantly be able to see which is which

Honestly, these are very poor examples and poorly taken photos to begin with.

I have both devices and they both take great photos that it's hard to distinguish the two. Samsung does have some bugs that they are planning on ironing out with a software update in the real near future. I understand that some may prefer the photos one over the other and that's fine but these are just poor examples.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I have both devices and they both take great photos that it's hard to distinguish the two. Samsung does have some bugs that they are planning on ironing out with a software update in the real near future. I understand that some may prefer the photos one over the other and that's fine but these are just poor examples.

(in a lighthearted tone) How are they poor? They're real world, use-case examples of exactly how and what I take pictures of. Performance under these conditions is what matters to me.

Regardless, two side-by-side photos of the same subject in the same environment is all that's needed to make a particular comparison.

Last edited:

buwee

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Samsung software update in the "real near future" ? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirginiaMaeHandy