after editing photos from the gallery why can't the note 4 save it in full 16 MB quality?

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
after editing photos from the gallery why can't the note 4 save it in full 16 MB quality? it gives me to choose 8 or 6 MB.... and more important why it does not save it in the same folder of camera pictures and save it directly to studio ??!
anything i can do about it??

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
so there is no internal app of the note 4 itself that can edit those photos....??
and anyway it can save it directly at the same folder of the camera?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The camera is a 16 megapixel camera. That doesn't mean an individual photo will require 16MB of storage space.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
so there is no internal app of the note 4 itself that can edit those photos....??
and anyway it can save it directly at the same folder of the camera?
The internal photo editor saves the edited photos to a folder named studio.

My guess is that it does this to separate the edited photos from the original ones.

As much as I like to edit a photo more than once, I like having the edits saved to a separate location. That way I can keep up with the different versions.

Prince1984

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
well i instead hate this, i would be much happier if it saves it in the original folder or at least it would ask me...

any other app that is able to edit 16 MB and saves directly at the same folder??

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
well i instead hate this, i would be much happier if it saves it in the original folder or at least it would ask me...

any other app that is able to edit 16 MB and saves directly at the same folder??
That's a function of Android. An app can only write to it's own folder.

As for wanting an app that will double the space that your pictures take up on your device/SD card...why?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
OP is mistakenly using MB (megabytes) when he means to use MP (megapixels). A 16 MP image taken with my Note 4 is 2988 x 5312 pixels (just under 16 MP). I edited that image via the editing function in the gallery app, and when I went to save it, it offered only two options, High quality (<8 MP) or Medium quality (<5 MP). I chose High, andI still ended up with a saved image that is only 1676 x 2981 pixels (just under 5 MP). That's a big drop in resolution. So, serious editing needs to be done with a different app, or download to computer and edit there.

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
OP is mistakenly using MB (megabytes) when he means to use MP (megapixels). A 16 MP image taken with my Note 4 is 2988 x 5312 pixels (just under 16 MP). I edited that image via the editing function in the gallery app, and when I went to save it, it offered only two options, High quality (<8 MP) or Medium quality (<5 MP). I chose High, andI still ended up with a saved image that is only 1676 x 2981 pixels (just under 5 MP). That's a big drop in resolution. So, serious editing needs to be done with a different app, or download to computer and edit there.

Great answer. Thanks.